Consecutive Cruises-What happens to purchased liquor?

Hello everyone, I searched this topic and found answers on those doing back to back cruises but not for consecutive cruises. In March we are a group sailing Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale, then we have a night in Fort Lauderdale, then we board Allure. These cruises were booked as "consecutive" and Royal is paying for the hotel night between the cruises. I know we will have some people in our group purchase liquor (either on board or in a port) to take home on the first cruise. We know the usual procedure is they will take the liquor and return it the last night of the cruise to pack in your luggage... but since we are on consecutive cruises do they treat the liquor as they would on a back to back (holding the liquor until the end of the second cruise)? Or will the return the liquor at the first cruise, we pack it and then give it back to them when we check in for the second cruise? It sure would be nice not to have to worry about lugging it around between cruises. Thank you!

Hello everyone, I searched this topic and found answers on those doing back to back cruises but not for consecutive cruises. In March we are a group sailing Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale, then we have a night in Fort Lauderdale, then we board Allure. These cruises were booked as "consecutive" and Royal is paying for the hotel night between the cruises. I know we will have some people in our group purchase liquor (either on board or in a port) to take home on the first cruise. We know the usual procedure is they will take the liquor and return it the last night of the cruise to pack in your luggage... but since we are on consecutive cruises do they treat the liquor as they would on a back to back (holding the liquor until the end of the second cruise)? Or will the return the liquor at the first cruise, we pack it and then give it back to them when we check in for the second cruise? It sure would be nice not to have to worry about lugging it around between cruises. Thank you!

Just don't buy any on the first cruise that you're not going to drink during your night in Fort Lauderdale. Customs allowances are for a 30 day period, so, technically, you can't double up on your purchases anyway

I believe they will return it to your cabin, ;) then you will have your own supply. I don't find Royal all that good with communications between departments so one area knows you are staying on board but the other will just presume you are getting off. :p

Have a great cruise

Brian J

I believe they will return it to your cabin, ;) then you will have your own supply. I don't find Royal all that good with communications between departments so one area knows you are staying on board but the other will just presume you are getting off. :p

Have a great cruise

Brian J

They ARE getting off....they are changing ships! If you do purchase liquor on the first cruise, I would probably just pack it in your checked luggage. If they find it, they will hold your luggage on the ship until you come to claim it, and they will take the liquor and return it at the end of the cruise. If they DON'T find it, you'll have the liquor in your room when the luggage arrives. Sometimes they catch it, but many times they don't.

Have a great cruise

Brian J

Not entirely true. It depends on what ship you are on as to whether you are flagged as being a consecutive cruise or not.

Have you read this Lets boycott RCCL's new alcohol purchase policy ?

Also, latest wording of policy when bringing items onboard AT EMBARKATION is to not return it. Policy specifically mentions "port stops" and holding items brought on board there but definitely says that at embarkation they will be discarded. I would certainly check when making purchase as well as when departing and probably get a clarification for consecutive cruises with the same people arranging the hotel. And keep receipts showing purchase onboard first cruise.

But as suggested probably easiest to wait and buy on second one.

I have only done back to back cruises on the same line, same room. At the end of the first week, they delivered anything bought on the first 7 day cruise to the room at the end of the 7 day cruise. I could have ordered several bottles during the first cruise and enjoyed the on the second 7 day cruise.

I only drink beer so it would not make sense for me, but for someone drinking the hard liquor, this could be a great second week.

Archived