Pack and Go

Gayle V

They are kinda supposed to be last minute specials, though they are sometimes available months prior to cruise departure. They are non-refundable. So once you book it, you gotta pack and go! (or lose your money):rolleyes:

they're often GTYs, meaning you don't get to pick your own room. You just choose room type (inside, OV, Balcony, etc...) and you could end up with any category within that room type.

ps - you also have to pay the entire cruise fare up front.

Looking forward to having the free time to jump on these.

My thoughts exactly. I just retired (early) , but unfortunately hubby intends to keep on working. So I doubt we'll be "jumping on those" either. At least not any time soon.

One more question. Are there always some pack and gos available, most weeks? Or is this an only once in a while thing?

(If we were to set aside a particular week for vacation, how likely would we be to find a Pack and Go rate during the week or two right before? )

We booked a pack and go for the 12/4 Conquest sailing at the end of Sept. Originally booked an inside. Two weeks later there was another P&G for our sailing and we upgraded to a balcony. When we received our cabin assignment it was for a port side balcony on lido deck, our favorite deck. We can't wait to board on Sunday!

• 3 weeks later...
rates are fairly high compared to those booked ES earlier.

Really ??? Ive never seen them higher on my cruises.. cant make such blanket statements.

I saved $120 over ES by switching to PNGs. How many times do you see people trying to price match to PGNs .. if they were higher, so many would not be starting threads trying to price match to them.

One more question. Are there always some pack and gos available, most weeks? Or is this an only once in a while thing?

(If we were to set aside a particular week for vacation, how likely would we be to find a Pack and Go rate during the week or two right before? )

Sorry it this was already answered. they come out each wednesday, though my PVP sends them to us on tuesdays for a sneak peek. They last until friday or until they sell out.

They dont have them when its a holiday week from what Iv seen, they will have some other kind of sale that week.

Really ??? Ive never seen them higher on my cruises.. cant make such blanket statements.

I saved $120 over ES by switching to PNGs. How many times do you see people trying to price match to PGNs .. if they were higher, so many would not be starting threads trying to price match to them.

I believe it depends when you book ES. I always book 12 - 14 months ahead and on three cruises have not seen the price go lower than we paid... :D

I believe it depends when you book ES. I always book 12 - 14 months ahead and on three cruises have not seen the price go lower than we paid... :D

Iv booked early too and late and in between.

PNGs are not always good prices either .. but some are.

I booked my Nov Triumph at $279 and it was a new ship to Galveston and that had been the lowest price since bookings opened on it.. got png for $219.

Luckily the $279 I had picked a 1A, so it was a upgrade to IS and they let me do it. Gave up my 1A which as I said, from what everyone on the roll call said had been the lowest price for that cruise.

You cant make a blanket statement that ES or PNG is always cheaper.

Archived