Mytimenplace, Falmouth

JOHN 57

Great Link. Thank you. Honestly not overly comfortable about getting off ship in Jamaica (aggressive vendors in Ochos Rios on a previous cruise) however would like to get to a beach.

Kathy

We stopped in Falmouth this past summer. Within the port, the vendors were not aggressive at all. We took a taxi to Iberostar suites, we had purchased Day passes 6 weeks prior to our cruise.

Taxi prices are posted and fixed. There was someone from the taxi authority organizing, ie: we told him where we were going and he spoke w/ taxi drivers and put us in a cab (taxi). Within 15 minutes we were in the lobby of Iberostar.

We would confidently recommend this for a day in Jamaica. No worries. No hassles.

And how much were they?

How much was the taxi?

Here is the Taxi Rate bill board. You follow the clearly posted sign towards "trolley and independent taxis" to find a taxi.

DSC_0686.jpg

I want to say the cost of a day pass at suites was around $65-$70. A few dollars cheaper ($10 per pass) if you go to Iberostar Beach, the adjoining property.

Hope that helps!

:)

wow @ those rates.

I'll be right across the road from this port on tuesday looking at it and thinking about how awesome its gonna be in april when I finally get to go on mine.

Tick tock tick tock, I hope you all enjoy it here :)

You are right. I do not know how you meant it but the rates are a little pricey. The $29pp trip to the beach seems pretty good in comparison. St Thomas is $10 to most parts of the island. St Maartin it is less. I think it was $16 for both of us to go from the port to Orient Bay. (long trip)

Are you their on vacation? Do you know about the beaches? Please give some insite?

You are right. I do not know how you meant it but the rates are a little pricey. The $29pp trip to the beach seems pretty good in comparison. St Thomas is $10 to most parts of the island. St Maartin it is less. I think it was $16 for both of us to go from the port to Orient Bay. (long trip)

Are you their on vacation? Do you know about the beaches? Please give some insite?

Im here on life...... I live here lol :).

As for the beaches.... I'd recommend Doctors Cave, its about 30 mins taxi ride from Falmouth, and you can walk the strip and do shopping/etc afterwards or before.

As for the beaches.... I'd recommend Doctors Cave, its about 30 mins taxi ride from Falmouth, and you can walk the strip and do shopping/etc afterwards or before.

Couple of questions: Cost of taxi from port? Also, what does it cost to rent chairs and umbrellas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Couple of questions: Cost of taxi from port? Also, what does it cost to rent chairs and umbrellas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hmmm, no clue about how much taxi would be, but I see in the above rate pic, they have a bus to the "hip strip" in montego bay, thats where doctors cave is so you can just take that and save yourself some money.

Entrance is 5 i believe, chairs is 5 and umbrellas is 5.

Very helpful information, Thanks. H

We went to Iberostar suites. The cost was $10pp each way. We're a family of 4, the total was $80 for transportation.

Our round trip cost to the beach in Cozumel was $40.

Last time in St Thomas we rented a Jeep, but the time before that we took an open air taxi to the beach, $10pp (same cost for us as in Falmouth for a taxi), $80 for the day.

[Renting the jeep wrangler in SxT cost around $110 for the day, being a family of 4, the $30 more for the day gave us freedom to enjoy on our own schedule and go multiple places.]

Doctors Cave was our other choice when we stopped in Falmouth. Maybe next time..I have heard it is great!

Archived