A few Epic questions

friskat

I would appreciate any help that I could get. I am sure that somewhere these are all answered, but I cannot find the answers LOL. I am booked for my first Epic adventure on January 28th and have done quite a bit of research, but I need the help of the fantastic cc'ers for the following.

1, Can you make reservations prior to sailing on the Epic for the Ice Bar and the Cirque Dreams show. If yes, how? It is not showing up when I log into my NCL as a excursion or a booking option. I should point out that I haven't fully done my online check-in as we were renewing our passports.

2, Everyone (or at least a vast majority) rave about the salad bar at Modernos. I am a tried and true meat eater so this speciality dining option appeals to me. However, other then saying how fantastic the salad bar is there is no mention of what's on it!!! I guess I am confused about how/why the salad bar is so rave worthy! It may just be that I haven't ever seen a salad bar that blows my mind :D

**If there are any other tips or friendly suggestions that anyone has I would never turn then down**

A bit of background not my first NCL cruise I think it's my 6th :) mainly Jewel and Jewel class ships!

I would appreciate any help that I could get. I am sure that somewhere these are all answered, but I cannot find the answers LOL. I am booked for my first Epic adventure on January 28th and have done quite a bit of research, but I need the help of the fantastic cc'ers for the following.

1, Can you make reservations prior to sailing on the Epic for the Ice Bar and the Cirque Dreams show. If yes, how? It is not showing up when I log into my NCL as a excursion or a booking option. I should point out that I haven't fully done my online check-in as we were renewing our passports.

2, Everyone (or at least a vast majority) rave about the salad bar at Modernos. I am a tried and true meat eater so this speciality dining option appeals to me. However, other then saying how fantastic the salad bar is there is no mention of what's on it!!! I guess I am confused about how/why the salad bar is so rave worthy! It may just be that I haven't ever seen a salad bar that blows my mind :D

**If there are any other tips or friendly suggestions that anyone has I would never turn then down**

A bit of background not my first NCL cruise I think it's my 6th :) mainly Jewel and Jewel class ships!

1. You can make your dining and entertainment reservations 45 days out, including Cirque. You can't reserve the Ice Bar, but getting in won't be a problem. You can make those reservations as soon as you're aboard.

2. Moderno's salad bar has various types of salads and appetizers (it's been over a year since we dined there, so I don't remember specifics). I thought it ws good, but I wouldn't rave about it, though others have other opinions. I did love the meat, so go hungry.

Search for Epic A to Z and you'll find a wealth of good info and tips.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Friskat, can't answer the questions as I have not been on the Epic yet. Anyway my frist Epic cruise is also Jan 28. If you're interested come on over to the Roll Call area and sign up for the Meet and Greet. We'd love to have you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1360253&page=6 (If you have already please forgive me for not remembering, it's early)

Archived