room assignments

jdmaillet

Hi-

I booked two guarantees. One for us (mini suite) and one for our adult kids (inside). We've not cruised with Princess before and I'm having trouble figuring out the layout. We were assigned today for our 1/29 cruise. We have D-403 and the kids have R-237. Could someone put in layman's terms for me if these are ok staterooms and how far apart? I'm happy with whatever (that's why I booked a guarantee) but just trying to figure out if we got a good room or a bad room:)

Thanks,

Jenn

Hi-

I booked two guarantees. One for us (mini suite) and one for our adult kids (inside). We've not cruised with Princess before and I'm having trouble figuring out the layout. We were assigned today for our 1/29 cruise. We have D-403 and the kids have R-237. Could someone put in layman's terms for me if these are ok staterooms and how far apart? I'm happy with whatever (that's why I booked a guarantee) but just trying to figure out if we got a good room or a bad room:)

You didnt mention which ship but D is Dolphin deck (deck 9) so this should be really nice-mid ship and larger partially covered balcony. R is Riviera deck (deck 14) and 237 should be towards the front of the ship. R 237 is under Lido deck cabins so this should be fine also. I have read that some rooms under the lido deck(under the pool area) can be noisey. Moving chairs etc. I have never had a Riviera stateroom so I dont know for sure. Have fun

You are not near each other. Your mini is mid-ship, the Riviera deck cabin is forward and you're four decks apart.

Your mini is a standard mini on Dolphin with an uncovered balcony. Anyone on balconies above you can see the whole balcony. The Riviera cabin is beneath other cabins and should be quiet.

If you can, I would look at the ship deck layout and try to book your mini-suite and interior cabin on the same deck.

We as family book a mini-suite for myself, H and one child then try to book interior cabin across or at least near by for our other kids and we mark no upgrade. Just makes things easier. The kids also enjoy coming into our room and sitting on the balcony.

Most cruisers prefer mid-ship cabins but that is personal choice.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you can, I would look at the ship deck layout and try to book your mini-suite and interior cabin on the same deck.

We as family book a mini-suite for myself, H and one child then try to book interior cabin across or at least near by for our other kids and we mark no upgrade. Just makes things easier. The kids also enjoy coming into our room and sitting on the balcony.

Most cruisers prefer mid-ship cabins but that is personal choice.

Enjoy your cruise!

The OP booked a guarantee so can't mark the booking no upgrade. It is really the luck of the draw with guarantees.

OP your cabins are not close to each other. However, I happen to like the Dolphin mini's and your mid-ship one is good. Keep in mind the balcony is not partially covered. It is fully exposed to the cabins above you. Some don't like this. I've cruised in a couple of them and didnt mind it at all. I never noticed anyone paying attention to me. I liked the fact that when you are sitting on your balcony during the day you only see ocean below you and not layers of balconies. I also like it at night as you have a full sky view and the skies can be amazing.

The Riviera deck cabin for your kids should be a quiet location.

It is really the luck of the draw with guarantees.

Yes but... ;) I recently booked a BF guarantee and was assigned a BB balcony on Riviera forward. I was fine with it (I went with the guarantee knowing it could be anywhere), but I checked on the Princess website and saw there were several BBs available on Caribe aft (not aft-facing, but towards the back, which I prefer).

I called Princess directly and asked sweetly :) if I could be moved and the agent put in the request to the Inventory people. By the next morning I had been reassigned to the cabin I requested. So there is a chance of some flexibility within the same category. No harm in asking!

Thanks so much for ur replies. Yep! We don't need to be near the kids, they are adults and while it is nice to have them across the hall, it's also fine walking a little to visit:) We've cruised Carnival, RC & Disney and for some reason (maybe the late hour:) I was having trouble figuring it out on Princess. I'm very happy with the midship location of the mini (especially with the cheap price I paid), definitely an upgrade. I was however a little worried about the far forward location of the girls... and on a higher deck because one of them gets a little motion sick. I called my (big box store) travel agent and asked if we could switch to another AI room that was midship. He called Princess and no problem making the switch. He told me it was standard to be able to switch within the same category. I'm not saying that is everyone's experience but it was worked fine for us. So, they are now midship as well. We're still a few decks apart and that's fine as I knew about that possibility going in... but I'm very happy with the rooms. Prefer not to have a covered balcony:)

Thanks again!

Jenn

Archived