Boston repo on Jewel in October

momrox1

This question is specifically for folks who have taken the repo out of Boston in October on the Jewel to Florida. Haven't sailed RC in years and have booked our cabin. Am watching the price and it seems to just go up and up. In your experience has this been one of those cruises that does this until it sells out? Have you ever seen the opportunity to use a savings certificate on this particular cruise? Thanks so much for any info.

We have not taken this cruise in several years (believe 2009 was our last time on this repo), but have friends who make this sailing every year. As you are seeing, this is a VERY popular cruise which means that pricing will continue to increase.

It is very likely that this sailing will be fully booked prior to final payments. Once final payments have been made, it is likely that several cabins will 'open up', but it is NOT likely that pricing will ever get below that initially offered by RCI. Yes, this is a blanket statement, but also a pattern seen over several years. ;)

Hope you enjoy the cruise.

Bruce

I agree with what Bruce says in the above post. We recently returned from this cruise and there are many many people who do this cruise every year and we met a lot on the cruise who have already booked for next year.

There were also a lot of people on the cruise trying to book for next year but unable to obtain their required cabins. All the suites, JS's and superior balconies appear to be sold out (according to a certain website ;)). We were told, although I don't know how accurate this is, that 80% of the cabins had already been booked.

I do know that the same cruise this year was sold out for some time with people waitlisted for another type of cabin which they never got (eg balcony to JS), although some cabins did become available just after final payment date and again a little closer to the sail date.

In brief, I wouldn't hold out any hope of a price increase on this cruise

As mentioned several times already, this is a particularly popular cruise for many veteran cruisers who sail on her every year. It is difficult, though not completely impossible, to get your favorite stateroom if you don't book shortly after the books open. Since it approaches capacity fairly quickly and even allowing for the occasional cancellation that is inevitable on any cruise, I doubt that there will be any discount coupons that will be applicable to this particular sailing. If you find an available room that fits your need, I recommend booking it and not waiting for some possible, though unlikely, price reduction. Next year's itinerary matches the one she sailed this year and was a very nice collection of ports of call. Halloween on Jewel is always one of the highlights of the cruise, so come join the fun.:) Check out the Meet and Mingle thread for this cruise to see what is planned.

there's a vacation outlet (name escapes me ;)) that buys block space on this cruise and usually discards open cabins a month or so before final payment is due. if you cant find a cabin thru the thread already started, then the above is a possibility. As Bill (NEGC) said this is and has been a popular repo cruise since 2005

there's a vacation outlet (name escapes me ;)) that buys block space on this cruise and usually discards open cabins a month or so before final payment is due. if you cant find a cabin thru the thread already started, then the above is a possibility. As Bill (NEGC) said this is and has been a popular repo cruise since 2005

Hi Weary. Can we count on you joining us this coming October? It has been too long since we sailed with you.

Bill

As mentioned several times already, this is a particularly popular cruise for many veteran cruisers who sail on her every year. It is difficult, though not completely impossible, to get your favorite stateroom if you don't book shortly after the books open. Since it approaches capacity fairly quickly and even allowing for the occasional cancellation that is inevitable on any cruise, I doubt that there will be any discount coupons that will be applicable to this particular sailing. If you find an available room that fits your need, I recommend booking it and not waiting for some possible, though unlikely, price reduction. Next year's itinerary matches the one she sailed this year and was a very nice collection of ports of call. Halloween on Jewel is always one of the highlights of the cruise, so come join the fun.:) Check out the Meet and Mingle thread for this cruise to see what is planned.

Hi Bill & Weary!!! Hope you are both doing well. ;)

Bruce

Happy Holidays to you and yours... things havent much changed with us here..Ann's mom just broke her hip (two days ago) and dunno what the future brings..she's 87 and holding her own.. but we've kinda been restricted on when and where we can go.. (almost separate vacations so someone would be home) other than that we've both got great health and you can be sure when the time is right we'll both be there sailing with you. Have a Merry Christmas!

your ole pal

Archived