Crown Stateroom advice

susietb

One advantage of that location is that there is a small door that leads to a 1/2 flight of stairs and up to the Aft pool which is nice if you enjoy looking out the back of the ship or sitting around the aft pool. Its also a short distance up to the buffet.

Only down side is how far back you are and so if you are doing any activities up in the front of the ship, it will be a bit of a walk back to your cabin.

Frankly I like the aft location and feel the advantages out weigh the disadvantages. Last year we had a cabin close to where your location is and really enjoyed it. I was originally concerned that we had a cabin under the buffet, but never heard a thing and it was so nice to be able to get up the buffet for a quick snack.

We were just assigned cabin 743 on the Riviera Deck.. Dose anyone have any feedback?

We were recently in R749 (oceanview aft facing with 2 portholes) on the Crown just around the corner from your balcony cabin. My wife can experience mal de mer so is always hesitant to go to upper decks, fore or aft, and she had no problems at all. The space between R743 & R749 is an employee stairway that's also an alternative escape route & there was never any noise that affected us.

I agree with the other posts about it being in a convenient location but if you use the aft elevator to go to the Botticelli MDR on deck 6 it was packed for early dining. I think that some took the elevator up before coming down because even on Lido deck 14 it was always full. We began to walk down to the MDR because the stairs don't bother us to leave the elevator for those not as mobile. At each floor we'd mention it was full coming down for others to decide whether to wait a long time or to walk down to the MDR.

Archived