Island princess alaska info needed, please

KAYEF

:confused:I've been on the Island and it was the worst cruise I ever took....the crew in the eating areas seemed ready to revolt and the buffet area was always FILTHY. I loved my cruise on the GRAND, however.

I'm needing to compare the Sapphire (or Diamond) and the Island (or Coral) for an AK cruise. I've been to AK twelve times, but this would be my son's first trip to AK and first cruise. I know the S and D are much larger.

If you've been on a 7 day out of Whittier recently, please give me your opinion......ship........beds..........service..........food.............everything.

Thanks!:)

:confused:I've been on the Island and it was the worst cruise I ever took....the crew in the eating areas seemed ready to revolt and the buffet area was always FILTHY. I loved my cruise on the GRAND, however.

I'm needing to compare the Sapphire (or Diamond) and the Island (or Coral) for an AK cruise. I've been to AK twelve times, but this would be my son's first trip to AK and first cruise. I know the S and D are much larger.

If you've been on a 7 day out of Whittier recently, please give me your opinion......ship........beds..........service..........food.............everything.

Wow! I am sorry to hear about your experience on the Island. It is my favorite ship of the Princess fleet. You didn't mention your son's age so I can't speak to the amenities. The Sapphire and Diamond are larger ships so they have more eating options and larger venues. I realize each person has a different idea of their "perfect ship" and mine is the Island.

I have never heard of any complaints before re Island, but I have never sailed on her. Suffice to say that Coral is my favorite ship, and have never had any cause to complain, and my wife says that I am 'fussy'.

john

Not Whittier, but we were on the island just over a month ago, and food service was the best in our experience if that helps.

She was in pretty good shape.

;)THANKS, EVERYONE!

The Island sounds as if she's doing great; we were on her maybe six years ago on a Hawaii Round Trip.

Now, I just have to decide between her and the Sapphire...........and put in an order asking for good weather, of course.

Archived