looking for relaxation and rejuvenation

dandl1986

DH and I are planning a cruise vacation over Spring Break April 7/8 week. We have cruised once with CC and once with RCCL, both times with our children. This will be our first time we have been on vacation alone together in 8 years:( For the past 6 years we have been caring for family member with alzheimers disease and working full time. We are exhausted. We are looking for a cruise to help us relax and rejuvenate ourselves after our long stint as caregivers. We are looking at a Caribbean cruise to keep costs low as the kiddos are in college so not a lot of extra dollars for vacationing. We are considering the Carnival Liberty or Conquest, the Norwegian Star or the Celebrity Eclipse. If you have been on one of these (or more) ships and can provide some insight on them, we would appreciate it...quiet adult areas? places to read? spas? what is the most relaxing thing you have found to do on these ships? If you are trying to reduce stress what would you avoid? Thanks for your help!!!

DH and I are planning a cruise vacation over Spring Break April 7/8 week. We have cruised once with CC and once with RCCL, both times with our children. This will be our first time we have been on vacation alone together in 8 years:( For the past 6 years we have been caring for family member with alzheimers disease and working full time. We are exhausted. We are looking for a cruise to help us relax and rejuvenate ourselves after our long stint as caregivers. We are looking at a Caribbean cruise to keep costs low as the kiddos are in college so not a lot of extra dollars for vacationing. We are considering the Carnival Liberty or Conquest, the Norwegian Star or the Celebrity Eclipse. If you have been on one of these (or more) ships and can provide some insight on them, we would appreciate it...quiet adult areas? places to read? spas? what is the most relaxing thing you have found to do on these ships? If you are trying to reduce stress what would you avoid? Thanks for your help!!!

If you want to try to keep the cost down, I really recommend traveling before spring break time - if you can. I'd go with maybe Princess and reserve the Sanctuary and do the thermal suites for the length of you cruise. This will give you an adults only experience (at a cost). I'm sure others can guide you on whether to do Celebrity or not. I do not recommend Carnival.

On our last Princess cruise (Feb.'11) we were very surprised that you had to PAY to uses the Sanctuary on a daily basis!

Carnival has the Serenity Deck. No children or smoking here and they mean that! On most ships there are hot tubs here too. They have wicker chaises and chairs with thick pads/cushions on them. There are also wicker tables you can move next to you for your things. There is both shade andd sun areas. This is where we spend all our time now on Carnival ships as it is quiet and restful.

So glad to hear good things about the serenity areas. Very excited about no smoking policy in these areas. Don't mind kids being on the ships. I enjoy them as a rule, but do want a quiet place away from louder games, music, and silliness to just rest. We are limited to public school holidays for our vacations so no escaping spring break crowds or prices. I think we would be willing to pay a fee if the spa quiet area was worth it. I will take a look at princess too. Thanks for the advice.

Would love to hear about specific venues, activities, excursions others have found to be rejuvinating:o

We are considering the Carnival Liberty or Conquest, the Norwegian Star or the Celebrity Eclipse. If you have been on one of these (or more) ships and can provide some insight on them, we would appreciate it...quiet adult areas? places to read? spas? what is the most relaxing thing you have found to do on these ships? If you are trying to reduce stress what would you avoid? Thanks for your help!!!

I have been on all those ships. Realx and rejuvenate? Only one of those ships fits the bill - Celebrity Eclipse. Without a doubt! The Solarium (Aqua Spa pool) and Lawn Club are heaven. Plus, what's better for relaxation - hairy chest contests or enrichment seminars? Go with Eclipse.

Archived