Ordering a bottle of Liquor from room service??

ronkay

DH just ordered a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage. We wanted to order beer, Bud Light, but they said they didn't have the 12 oz. So my question is, if you order beer, let's say 6, from Room Service, will they tack on the 15% gratuity? We were hoping to avoid that charge. Thanks!

Someone mentioned carrying tonic water on board from the port. I was looking for canned diet tonic water and could not find it. Can I actually carry a couple litters of tonic water in place of soda?

I buy little cans at the liquor store (you may find a grocery store that carries them too) and small bottles of cranberry at the grocery. I carry them on and buy more in port. I also bring a couple of limes that I can slice with my wine key. Never had a problem carrying that stuff on. Used to bring a 1 lt, but I believe it may be an issue now.

I buy little cans at the liquor store (you may find a grocery store that carries them too) and small bottles of cranberry at the grocery. I carry them on and buy more in port. I also bring a couple of limes that I can slice with my wine key. Never had a problem carrying that stuff on. Used to bring a 1 lt, but I believe it may be an issue now.

You know what? I think Target carries the small cans or bottles. Check there next time you are out shopping.

DH just ordered a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage. We wanted to order beer, Bud Light, but they said they didn't have the 12 oz. So my question is, if you order beer, let's say 6, from Room Service, will they tack on the 15% gratuity? We were hoping to avoid that charge. Thanks!

I'm not certain if gratuity is added on the room service bill...but wouldn't you tip whoever delivers your order at least 15%?? Room service gererates far more work for the waiter than a bartender grabbing a beer from a cooler and handing it to you. I'd tip at least 20% for room service. Not sure of your reasoning.

I'm not certain if gratuity is added on the room service bill...but wouldn't you tip whoever delivers your order at least 15%?? Room service gererates far more work for the waiter than a bartender grabbing a beer from a cooler and handing it to you. I'd tip at least 20% for room service. Not sure of your reasoning

Well, of course we tip the person who delivers to our room. However, if there is already a 15% gratuity charge applied, would I hand over another 15%? Probably not. I would probably then just go down to the bar and pick up a bucket of beer and bring it to my room to drink later. It was just a question I wondered about. :confused:

Well, of course we tip the person who delivers to our room. However, if there is already a 15% gratuity charge applied, would I hand over another 15%? Probably not. I would probably then just go down to the bar and pick up a bucket of beer and bring it to my room to drink later. It was just a question I wondered about. :confused:

Got it...that makes sense. It's a good question - I just misunderstood where you were going with it.

I have ordered a full bottle of liquor from room service on two different ships with no problem. It was the same price as ordering from bon voyage. I have also read that this varies from ship to ship. I only did it twice and it worked both times.....Once was on Carnival Liberty and the other was on Carnival Fantasy.

If I were you, I would take the five minutes to order it from Bon Voyage before your cruise.......better safe than sorry.....

How much time does it take to make a call? I'm thinking ordering from Room Service is plan B if the smuggled booze does not make it through...LOL ;) :D

Room service is in the galley. If you want soda or drinks they will have to call a bar or send someone to get them.

You can be asked for an ID because the person delivering your order is not your room steward and may not know you or your age.

I have not met anyone who had a bottle of liquor brought to their cabin.

Carnival rules state any bottles of liquor purchased on the ship are held until the last night before you leave the ship.

I was able to order a few liters of Barcardi from room service with no problem. It was pricey but we ended up saving money by making our own drinks. The last time I spoke with my PVP he said it is ship specific. Definitely call room service to ask if they offer this. I wouldnt ask random employees or folks at the duty free since they arent the ones that would be bringing it to your room. :rolleyes: We would tip a couple of bucks to the person who brought the bottle for us.

Room service is in the galley. If you want soda or drinks they will have to call a bar or send someone to get them.

You can be asked for an ID because the person delivering your order is not your room steward and may not know you or your age.

Carnival rules state any bottles of liquor purchased on the ship are held until the last night before you leave the ship.

This is not correct. Liquor by the bottle can be ordered while onboard from either Guest Services or room service depending on the ship. Prices and menu are the same as BV. The liquor held until the last night only refers to what is bought duty free in the gift shops.

When did you last cruise? They recently changed the policy to 20oz bottles and most of the ports have been pretty strict about it. Again, it depends who is at the xray machine.

I'm well aware of the changes. Our last cruise was at the end of October. Have you had liter bottles of tonic taken, or heard of those who have? We have yet to have any issue. Again, we usually only bring one or two bottles each.

I think you are confused as to what is being talked about. This isn't discount alcohol from the giftshop, this is roomservice alcohol, same prices as BV.

It would be much easier to purchase in advance form the Bon Voyage department and have it waiting in your cabin than to hope you can purchase a bottle for your cabin after you board the ship.

I agree. We always order ahead from BV. But the point is you CAN order from roomservice if you choose.

you CAN NOT order liquor bottles from room service or the bar or any other place on the boat to consume during your trip. YOU CAN order one drink at a time yes, but not full bottles. AT ALL..

yes you can order buckets of beer, or 5 or 6 drinks but it will be individual drinks.

On my Miracle cruise in August of 2011, I was able to call guest services and order a bottle of Tequilla to my room to consume for the remainder of my cruise.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of Jan 5/ 2011

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone ordered bottles from room service or guest services while in victory?

I'd like to know this, too. I've already ordered a bottle of Bacardi but we will be traveling with friends and we're not sure how quickly it will go with the itinerary being so port-intensive.

Thanks!

Anyone know if any of the rums are dark rums? looking to fortify my Pat obriens hurricane mix. lol

I believe the Goslings Black Seal is dark.

On a side note, who have to love people who say you cannot do something, that you have done time and time again.

YES, i was just on carnival cruise last week. I asked numerous people. by rules and regulations of carnival you are not allowed to get bottles to consume on board. Granted there are people that do not follow rules, and think that they can break whatever rule they wish. Maybe there is this type of people on the boat you are traveling on. But I can tell you 100% you legally can not do it.

what a crock!

you CAN NOT order liquor bottles from room service or the bar or any other place on the boat to consume during your trip. YOU CAN order one drink at a time yes, but not full bottles. AT ALL..

yes you can order buckets of beer, or 5 or 6 drinks but it will be individual drinks.

you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Archived