Shasa catamaran/snorkel

funinthesun1964

We just got back from our Ultimate Caribbean cruise. On Jan.18th/12 we arrived in Barbados. We booked online with Shasa. We went to where we we supposed to meet. A taxi driver held up a sign for Shasa. We were taken to the spot to go on the catameran. Jasan Welcomed us. We sailed to a cove. Jullian went in the water with us. It was awsome! My husband dropped his camera in the water & Jullian dove down & got it! He was very good. He feed sardines to the Turtles. It was amazing to see all the Greenback turtles swimming with us!!! We got some great pictures. Jullian watched out for all of us, making sure we were all ok. There were around 9 turtles that swam around us. We got back on the boat & went to some coral reefs & a shipwreck. We saw so many fish! We had a long time in the water & then got back on the boat & they took us & another couple back to the beach & had a taxi for us. We were on the 3 hr. tour. I have to say this was definatly the highlight of our trip!!! In regards to the one negative coment we heard before the trip. There was none of that. We had Caribbean music. We took our own gear, but Jason had clean masks & snorkels on board for those who didn't. He also had flippers in every size. They offered drinks. We had coke & water. I was having trouble with my mask fogging & Jason & Jullian looked after that with some dishsoap, they washed them on board. It was also great to have only 11 on the tour. We saw the tour the ship has for people & it was so crowded, thankfully Jason got us to the spots before they got there!! I would highly recommend Shasa for a great snorkel experience!!! :) Thank you to Jason & Jullian!

If anyone has any questions, just ask. I would be happy to answer.

Hi Jena,

It wasn't really a beach. It was more of an access spot. You can stay on for the 5 hr tour & they take you to a beach I believe. We found the 3 hrs was enough, as my husband burned his back. He did have sunscreen on & did reapply, but should have put his tshirt on for the second stop to snorkel. The sun is intense make sure you have sunscreen, there is shade on the boat. If you do still want to go to a beach. We had friends who went to Carlisle beach & said it was great! You could go back with the taxi & get another one, or ask if they could take you. Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

We are also signed up with Shasa on Feb 15! My husband and I are excited to swim with the turtles. We booked the 5 hour tour in hopes of some beach enjoyment/swimming during the extra time after we eat.

Cheesehead-are you doing the 3 or 5 hour?

Doing the five hour. As it is his birthday thought that might be nice. Are you sailing the Victory or another ship? Looking forward to meeting. Cant wait......16 days til paradise! I am really looking forward to a small group. I really didn't relish the idea of a booze cruise.... I don't like to be kicked when snorkeling. I'm not coordinated enough to snorkel, keep the snorkle clear of water, take pictures and deal with a large group!! lol:rolleyes:

Hi Jena,

It wasn't really a beach. It was more of an access spot. You can stay on for the 5 hr tour & they take you to a beach I believe. We found the 3 hrs was enough, as my husband burned his back. He did have sunscreen on & did reapply, but should have put his tshirt on for the second stop to snorkel. The sun is intense make sure you have sunscreen, there is shade on the boat. If you do still want to go to a beach. We had friends who went to Carlisle beach & said it was great! You could go back with the taxi & get another one, or ask if they could take you. Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

Thank you for the info. Still unsure of what we are going to do! :) Not cruising until Jan 2013, so we've got some time to decide! Thanks again!

Cheesehead-

We are doing a tour with Herod in St.Lucia on the 16th, train excursion in St. Kitts on the 17th, and Bernard's tour in St. Marten on the 18th. In St. Thomas we are probably going to a beach. We are also looking forward to meeting while snorkeling with Shasa and also like the small group idea!

This is the information that I was sent.....Hope this helps:)

I have received your confirmation details and credit card info so you are all set for the cruise please be at gate #2 by 930am to facilitate the drive to the boat, gate #2 is a green sign with a red dot, it is right next to the bar. Unfortunately all late passengers will be left behind and charged the 50% no show fee. If your ship does not make port , then your card is not charged. Please have your swimwear on under your clothes, have you towels and sunscreen and your cash/card for the charter. Someone from shasa will be there to greet you at the gate

See you then

This sounds fabulous! I couldn't decide what to do in Barbados so I think we'll take the 3-hour tour, then afterwards have someone take us to The Boatyard or others back to the ship for shopping.

How far is The Boatyard and/or the ship from the marina that this catamaran is docked?

This sounds fabulous! I couldn't decide what to do in Barbados so I think we'll take the 3-hour tour, then afterwards have someone take us to The Boatyard or others back to the ship for shopping.

How far is The Boatyard and/or the ship from the marina that this catamaran is docked?

I would say that it is about a 20 min. drive from the ship to the access where you get on the catamaran. We did the 3 hr. & it was great!!:)

When reading reviews on these boards, whether they are positive or negative in nature,

I do NOT automatically assume they are accurate, truthful, or knowledgeable.

I consider the number of "posts" the person has actually made on this site. Many times I have read outrageous negative claims, by a supposed participant of an excursion. When

you discover that the person has made, a grand total of 5 or 6 posts over a 7 year period,

I do NOT value their opinion.

It would prompt me, to investigate further, of course. But when you have a "LONE WOLF"

making such derogatory claims, they are suspect, IMO.

I guess it is my 33 years of being a police officer, that has developed one skill in particular:

COMMON SENSE.......................................

Hi everyone. Just booked our first ever cruise on Carnival Victory for March 2013. After reading some very good reviews I'm interested in booking with Shasa, but I'm wondering how far in advance you need to book for a family of 5. I realize they only have room for 12 max and we're still over a year away from travelling. Should I start booking excursions a couple months before we sail?

Hi everyone. Just booked our first ever cruise on Carnival Victory for March 2013. After reading some very good reviews I'm interested in booking with Shasa, but I'm wondering how far in advance you need to book for a family of 5. I realize they only have room for 12 max and we're still over a year away from travelling. Should I start booking excursions a couple months before we sail?

Hi, We are from the okanagan too!

I would email & talk to them about it. You need to book early. We acually booked about 3 mths. in advance, I believe there were already others booked, so with 5 of you, you should probably book sooner than that.

You will really enjoy it!:)

Hi Merinski.... It certainly is a small world!

After reading several posts about catamaran/swimming with turtles in Barbados I'm really impressed with Shasa. I will certainly take your advice and send an e-mail since my kids are all very excited about experiencing this excursion :)

P.S. Where in the Okanagan do you reside?

Hi Merinski.... It certainly is a small world!

After reading several posts about catamaran/swimming with turtles in Barbados I'm really impressed with Shasa. I will certainly take your advice and send an e-mail since my kids are all very excited about experiencing this excursion :)

P.S. Where in the Okanagan do you reside?

Hi, Jason, his wife & Julian ,the guide that goes in the water with you,from Shasa will look after you well. How old are your kids? I live between Kelowna & Penticton. I don't like to give my exact location online. I did notice you left a coment on my slide show on tripwow, thank you. What other ports are you going to? :)

Hi, Jason, his wife & Julian ,the guide that goes in the water with you,from Shasa will look after you well. How old are your kids? I live between Kelowna & Penticton. I don't like to give my exact location online. I did notice you left a coment on my slide show on tripwow, thank you. What other ports are you going to? :)

When we travel our two sons will be 17 & 15, our daughter will be 12. We are travelling on Carnival Victory starting in Puerto Rico then St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St Maarten. We're thinking of doing the zipline in St. Kitts and my kids really want to see the volcano in St. Lucia. Not sure what to do in the other ports yet. :)

When we travel our two sons will be 17 & 15, our daughter will be 12. We are travelling on Carnival Victory starting in Puerto Rico then St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St Maarten. We're thinking of doing the zipline in St. Kitts and my kids really want to see the volcano in St. Lucia. Not sure what to do in the other ports yet. :)

In St. Thomas we went to Saphire Beach by taxi, there is some snorkeling & beautiful beach. We also went on the sky ride to Paridise point after. It has a beautiful view! You can read on the St. Thomas board more. We only shopped in St. Kitts. We didn't go to St. Lucia. :)

Archived