Advance Check-In Luggage Service - NOLA

FloGaleRNTX

I just discovered the Advance Check-In Luggage Service in New Orleans. Has anyone ever used this service before? You can drop off your luggage with them as soon as you claim it and they will deliever to the ship. Can do the same when leaving when leaving the ship. They have a representative outside the cruise terminal where you drop off your luggage and they take it to the airport.

Thanks!@!@

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to email them and have received no reply and when I try to call them, the phone number just rings until it is picked up by a message that says the voice mail box is full.

Has anyone used them? I'm afraid to make reservations if they are not reputable.

I just saw the post and am leaving work, heading for home. I will give that number a try tomorrow and I will report back with anything i find out.

I did try again yesterday to fill out the online form and I still haven't received any kind of confirmation or email or phone call. (I filled in most of the info, but NOT my Credit Card info yet)

the request went through and it said someone will contact me. I suspect that their website isn't working though.

at any rate, I will call tomorrow with some questions and see if they are the same company and I'll report back.

If not the same, there is certainly a relationship

"A Great Idea is Born.

Angela Bowman, founder and CEO of Advance Check-In!, says that the idea for this service came to her after watching for and listening to customer demands for more convenience in their travel experiences. For the past ten years, Bowman has operated Rush It! Courier Service which has contracts with every airline that services the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport to transport delayed luggage to the hotels and homes of passengers.Considering the increased security measures that cause travelers some inconveniences, Advance Check-In! recognized this as a convenience that travelers would utilize."

http://www.advancecheckin.com/about.html

We are planning on using them to deliver our luggage to the hotel. I talked to the lady a few weeks ago. I tried calling several times and they did not answer. I guess she saw my caller ID and returned my call. You don't need reservations, but you can make them. They charge $5 a bag and will deliver to airport or hotel for you.

Hope that helps advancecheckin.com 877-467-8898

Their location at the airport

DSC_5361.JPG

DSC_5362.JPG

and people actually in that office. They told me there is still a drop off location at the cruise terminal, $25 for up to 4 bags to the airport. Bags normally will be available by noon or 12:30pm at the latest, but if you have an earlier flight to make sure they know and they can put on one of the earlier shuttles.

{I'm thinking if you have an early flight, why would you be looking for luggage service?}

someone finally emailed me back and gave apologies for taking so long to respond. They are indeed the same company and they said you can either book in advance or just show up when you get off of the ship. That makes me feel a lot better, knowing I don't have to reserve in advance, I can just dump my bags and go and have a good time in NOLA.

They gave me an alternate phone number if anyone is interested...

504-338-7765 and you can ask for Angela

Edited by pyropoodle

We just used them off the Conquest yesterday. We did not have advanced reservations. They were very professional. A woman was greeting debarking guests and led us over to their kiosk. After giving them our information and dropping our bags, we were on our way. They even advised us regarding a shuttle to the airport that departs a little before 2:00 from Cafe DuMonde. (Not the same company I think, but must have a relationship.) When we arrived at the airport via the shuttle, the shuttle driver dropped us close to where our bags would be and directed us to exactly where they were. And they were in fact right there as promised. Would definitely use the company again to enjoy NO without bags.

For the departure, what is the latest flight time they will ensure your bags are at the airport? My departure is at 1:55, meaning I will need to be at the airport at noon or so. I would love to go to Cafe DuMonde for coffee and people-watching before getting to the airport!

Barb

• 2 months later...

We are cruising on the Carnival Elation this coming May. Our flight leaves at 7pm so we are planning on seeing a little more of NOLA (we arrive two days before we cruise) and just wondered if anyone has used this service to forward their luggage on to MSY??

• 1 month later...

Saw this service on the web for "Advance Checkin" that takes your luggage from the cruise to the Airport in New Orleans so you can check out New Orleans without your luggage. Anyone have any reviews on this? $25 for 4 bags.

Hey, dr - what part of NC you from?

I had asked this some time ago and didn't get any responses. We plan on using them when we disembark from our cruise next week as we have a few hours to kill before our flight back to CLT

Saw this service on the web for "Advance Checkin" that takes your luggage from the cruise to the Airport in New Orleans so you can check out New Orleans without your luggage. Anyone have any reviews on this? $25 for 4 bags.

I have never heard of it. But the price sounds good.

We used them in February. We used them for both ends of the trip. It was great and we didn't have any problems. It was nice being able to walk around NOLA and not have to worry about our luggage. It was a little difficult to find them because the baggage claim area is under construction. Also, the place you dropped it off was call Rush It courier service. Rush It and Advance Check-In are the same company.

We had a late flight out of NOLA, so this let us enjoy our day without worrying about luggage. I knew we were going to use them ahead of time, but did not make any reservations with them. Just stopped by and dropped off our bags.

The best part about using them on the front end of the trip was that once we claimed our bags and gave it to Advance Check-in we didn't have to worry or see our bags until we got to our room. Had an early flight into NOLA so we just had a cab drop us off at Cafe DuMonde and then leisurely walked to the cruise terminal. Easiest boarding ever, 20 minutes from the time we walked into terminal until we were on ship by 11:45!