Caye Caulker or Goff's Caye? Cost?

mousecrazy

I've been to Goff's Caye and LOVED it. Why should I try Caye Caulker? In other words, what makes Caulker special and a must see?

I'm also looking for recommendations/experience with tour operators for both destinations (snorkeling and time at the beach).

And, finally, can you bargain down the price of the tour at the pier? For example, I'm looking at a Goff's Caye tour from Island Marketing with a posted (web) price of $40pp (adult). Can I get that price down at the pier? There will be 11 in our party - will that help in negotiating a better price?

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Goff's Caye and LOVED it. Why should I try Caye Caulker? In other words, what makes Caulker special and a must see?

I'm also looking for recommendations/experience with tour operators for both destinations (snorkeling and time at the beach).

And, finally, can you bargain down the price of the tour at the pier? For example, I'm looking at a Goff's Caye tour from Island Marketing with a posted (web) price of $40pp (adult). Can I get that price down at the pier? There will be 11 in our party - will that help in negotiating a better price?

TIA

Goff's Cay is a small picturesque spit of sand with no facilities and mediocre snorkeling.

Cay Caulker is a larger island that has dirt pathways and roads, some shops and a few restaurants/resorts. Very laid back, almost a "relic" from the 1800's. Excellent snorkeling a short distance from shore on the reef, and there's a "shark ray alley" where you can swim with nurse sharks and sting rays in waist high water.

Both Island Marketing and Coral Breezes do excursions to Caulker - why not email them and ask for a group discount? I wouldn't wait until arriving at the pier, tours need to be organized, help hired, bait loaded and lunch arranged.

Thanks for the opinions. After some consideration and further research, I've decided to stick with Goff's. I found it an amazing adventure to be on such a small piece of land in the middle of the ocean.

Please come back and let us know how it went. For us, snorkeling was poor on Goff's - Thanks

If you are looking for some of the best snorkeling to be had, have you considered Coral Breeze Tours while in Belize ?

Look up their site for info & tour specifics.

We use this outfit twice each year & have always had a super time !

We really enjoy the local lunch while at Caye Caulker after the snorkeling portion of the trip.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

If you are looking for some of the best snorkeling to be had, have you considered Coral Breeze Tours while in Belize ?

Look up their site for info & tour specifics.

We use this outfit twice each year & have always had a super time !

We really enjoy the local lunch while at Caye Caulker after the snorkeling portion of the trip.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Curious why you've written the exact same post about Coral Breeze on multiple threads?

Archived