website for el cid and krystal resort

Kapsgirl

hi! just hoping someone might have found a direct website or phone number for the el cid castilla in mazatlan and the krystal resort in puerto vallarta. i've done some internet searches but only come up with travel companies trying to sell rooms/reservations. i would like to contact the hotel directly to as some questions about whether or not there are day use charges. THANKS!!!:)

I called the girl at the reservation desk for El Cid and ask about using the pools and such for a day and how much if any cost. She said they do offer a day pass and it is $65.00. First I have seen that kind of cost associated with this hotel.

I have seen some people have taken a timeshare presentation which they then were allowed to use the facilities. Not sure what we will do.

Dan

In March we walked into the El Cid Castilla (not El Cid Moreno next door) and used the pool and beach loungers for free. The waiter got us towels and drinks, he needs your ID (bring any cheap old ID) which you get back when you return the towels to the pool desk. We emailed the El Cid before we went, and got a nice reply from Customer Service saying it was free day use for cruisers if we ordered drinks or snacks (no prob!). I'd forward the email but I deleted it after the cruise. Lots of cruisers have posted that they went there for free. This is their email address: reservat@elcid.com.mx and this is a good web site for description and photos:

http://www.si-mexico.com/hotels/mazatlan/castilla_beach/castilla_beach.htm

For Kapsgirl, there is a big sign outside the Krystal stating "Welcome Cruisers for Free Day Use", free for crew too, so you don't need to worry about getting bounced. (If we saw our great cabin steward there, I was gonna fluff up his towel and make him an animal from his drink napkin :-) .... or maybe he'd prefer a drink? Did you see the shortcut directions in our review? .. and our El Cid and Krystal photos on Webshotsl.com? Here's also a good Krystal web site for photos:

http://www.jmtravel.com/nh_krystal_resort_puerto_vallarta.htm

Both lovely resorts, you'll have a ball.

-Bob

bob7-thanks for the information. i emailed the el cid and received a response. it sayd that cruisers are welcome and you just need to pay for your "consumptions" at any restaurant. however, it also said that we would need to take a taxi ride for 30-40 minutes to get there. so know im realizing there must be more than one el cid.

blueseasformee- i was surprised they told you it was $65.00. that seems steep. wondering know which el cid it was? wow...we leave in a couple of days so i dont know what we will do yet!!! :)

It seemed strange to me too. It was the reservation # on the El cid web site. Maybe she missed undertood what I was asking for or I miss understood her. I thought it was not correct tho.Maybe I called the wrong one...ummmm... It was late and sometimes I am brain dead! LOL:) ;)

Thanks Bob for the info. Can't make up my mind if we want to spend the day in a resort or sight see.

Dan

Kaps: yes that's the same email I got. I expect a girl like you can take care of all the "consumptions" they can mix up, huh? There are 4 El Cid's, the Castilla, the Moreno, a Marina one, and another one I forget the name of, a golf course one I think. You want the Castilla, that's where the cruisers go, and that's the one in the web site photo I posted. It's not nearly that long a cab ride, it's maybe 10 minutes from the ship or from Old Town, and it's $10. Take a pulmonia (open-air) cab, better view, more fun. Just walk in and pick a lounger, and a waiter will appear soon, lots of them, very friendly. A great place for lunch is La Concha, a sweet restaurant next to the El Cid, go out on the beach, turn right, it's under the huge thatched roof. Upscale, lovely tables, sit in open doorways or on a stone patio, lovely view, perfect for a classy lady like you (get someone else to pay for it :-))

Dan: it's no prob doing both the sight seeing and hitting a resort. Old Town can be done in a couple hours if you keep moving ($5 cab from the ship), including the boardwalk and cliff divers, and then you could crash the El Cid. If you need to hurry up, take a cheap cab from downtown (Cathedral/shopping) to the boardwalk, might be $2-3.

People should know that Maz Old Town and Puerto Vallarta downtown are old style quaint Mexican architecture, not the fancy new high rises like Cancun. If you don't like old stuff similar to the French Quarter in N. Orleans and old churches etc, no point in doing Old Town Maz except for the shopping in the Market.

-Bob

Bob, thanks for all the info. I love the old style, my wife can take it or leave it. She really just wants to relax more than anything, but see some sights. I think we will do what you suggest, tour the old town and boardwalk than crash El Cid! Is Charlton Heston anywhere at the hotel? LOL;) Old movie joke!

You can go to the La Concha casual can't you?

Thanks again

Dan

We leave tomorrow...hooray!:)

Yes it's casual, even a wrap over a bathing suit would do.

Don't try walking the beach up to the cliff divers, it's pretty and tempting, but there are too many rocks past the boardwalk area, and the boardwalk wall is too high to climb back up, take the boardwalk all the way, it's just around the corner at the end of the boardwalk where the big electric tower is on the hill. There will be a crowd if the cliff divers are there. Even if they're on the rocks getting ready, they only dive every 15 minutes or so, gotta pump the crowd, so you might have a bit of a wait. You could elbow in front and show 'em how easy it is.

On the way to El Cid, stop yer cab at La Fiesta Complex for a picture, quite a sight.

Bon Voyage!

-Bob

Krystal Resort, PV, shortcut directions: (Dont' walk out to the main drag, it's a long walk that way) ... just off the gangway there is a large circular building, go to the right around it. On the other side go across the square with the flea market on your right. Go straight ahead toward the large white wall with a yellow wall behind it. Go through the gate at the left end of the white wall. Walk down this back street past several condos and resorts to the end of the street where it turns left, and there's the Krystal sign welcoming cruisers. This is about a 5-7 minute walk, sometimes over rough cobblestones. A guard at the gate eyeballs you and greets you, no ID required ( I guess they can tell cruisers from a mile away :-)) and you walk in. It's takes a few minutes to walk through the pretty grounds to get to the pools. No free towels, bring ship towels. Did you see our photos of it?

-Bob

How do you get to the Krystal from the ship? We have massages booked there, and I've been told you can walk. Which way? Towards downtown, or NV?

Thanks!

:D

I read on another site about the massages at thr Krystal. May I ask how much your massage is costing? Or reservations required?

I just booked 60 minute messages for my sister and I at $35 a piece. Here is the link to the message site. http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

blueladybug,

Thanks SO MUCH for the link to this site.:D I had been searching for it, with no luck. I love the people on this board. Always there and helpful.

HOLA,

We went to El Cid and had no problems getting towels and getting chairs right by the pool. You have to say nada a few times to them trying to get you to take a timeshare tour...might be well worth it if you have the time tho. We opted not too and went our own way. Great ride over and back of course in a Pulmonia. Had nice drivers who filled us in on the sights.

Won a couple of drinks as I guessed within 12 of how many beans there were in the bowl! That was cool. Beach is nice also. La Concha is terrific.

Thanks Bob for all the info;)

Had a nice relaxing day.

Want to try The Krystal when we get back to PV. Talked to a few who just loved the massages @ $35.00 thats a great price.

HOLA,

We went to El Cid and had no problems getting towels and getting chairs right by the pool. You have to say nada a few times to them trying to get you to take a timeshare tour...might be well worth it if you have the time tho. We opted not too and went our own way. Great ride over and back of course in a Pulmonia. Had nice drivers who filled us in on the sights.

Won a couple of drinks as I guessed within 12 of how many beans there were in the bowl! That was cool. Beach is nice also. La Concha is terrific.

Thanks Bob for all the info;)

Had a nice relaxing day.

Want to try The Krystal when we get back to PV. Talked to a few who just loved the massages @ $35.00 thats a great price.

Hey Dan, good to hear from ya, we wondered how you made out, nice that yer not in some Mexican jail!

How did you do in Maz? ... did you do Old Town? .. walk or cab to the boardwalk? How expensive was La Concha?

How can a guy who drinks as much as you count beans?!

-Bob

bob7 thanks for your great advice on the krystal and el cid. we went to both and had a blast. three in our group took the 75 min massages and were in heaven...they all fell asleep at some point in the massage! your directions were fantastic. and yes you were right the chips and guac at the krystal were great. thanks again! :p

Archived