Istanbul Hotel/Resort Fee?

Hi! My mom and I will be in Istanbul for 2 days and were checking out hotels. The one we decided on was the Hotel Amira but in small print it said there was a "resort fee"....I feel like I remember reading on here somewhere to beware of those. Nowhere on the hotel website does it say anything about it or how much it is...what's the deal?

(and please if anybody has a better suggestion than that hotel feel free, we're just winging it) THANKS! :)

I'm not familiar with the Hotel Amira, but it looks like a nice (deluxe) hotel in a great location. Where are you reading about a resort fee -- on the hotel's website or a third party site like Expedia or hotels.com?

You might want to check out this thread on Istanbul hotels too:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1457598

We just stayed at the Hotel Sapphire. It is not a "luxury" hotel, but is very nice. It has a great location within walking distance of the major historic attractions. The staff is extremely friendly and the prices are good. I found the hotel from reviews on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. Here is the web site if you are interested:

https://hotelsapphire.com/home.html

Archived