MCO-Port Cañaveral

BCNlady

looking for shuttle to Port Cañaveral.

Any thoughts on:

TRANSMAX?

Haven't heard of them before. You might want to look into a one-way car rental from MCO to the port. There are several car rental agencies that have shuttle service to the port and there shouldn't be a surcharge for the one-way rental. It really depends on how many people you have.

My sister and I rent a Budget SUV for the trip. We're enrolled in their Fastrack program, so as soon as we get our bags we go directly to the parking garage kiosk and pick up our keys, no waiting in line or filling out paperwork.

It's an easy drive to PC and takes about 45 minutes. The cost of our midsize car or SUV is usually around $65 (includes the toll tag system) and since we aren't driving over 75 miles there is no mileage charge. It's usually about $10 to top off the tank.

We always fly in a day early and stay at the Best Western Cocoa Beach. There is a grocery store right across the street for any last minute items. But even with driving around a bit we're still well under the 75 mile limit.

We get to the Budget place around 10am on embarkation day and we're usually at the pier by 10:30 and on the ship around 11:30. On the way back the shuttle is there waiting for us as soon as we disembark.

I agree with everyone else suggesting looking into renting a car. I've been out of Port Canaveral a couple of times and have rented a car through Enterprise both times. Easy to pick the car up at MCO, when you drop the car off they take you in a shuttle bus to the port for free, and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for them to pick me up at the port after debarkation. The time we had a flight get in early the morning before the cruise we rented a hotel around Disney World and spent the day shopping in Downtown Disney and then we drove the 45 minutes to the port the next morning.

If you have an Entertainment coupon book or Costco membership you can usually get a mid-size rental for a day for $30 or less - WAY cheaper than any shuttle service I've found.

Also, an added advantage to renting a car is being able to stop at a Walmart or Publix for water/soda/snacks on your way to the port.

Thank you,

I know renting is the best option, but...

Flying from Europe (17 hours of airport and flights) 6 people, children and a lot of lugagge, we think a shuttle looks more reasonable than renting and driving ourselves.

I just wanted to check people experience with this company.

Archived