HMC question...can anyone advise.

SE NC

This question is concerning my BIL. I've been to HMC once and at the time it wasn't important but BIL and DS are cruising with us for their first cruise in Feb.. BIL loves to hike (they spend 99% of their vacation time at their cabin in the beautiful mountains of NC). Does HMC have any wilderness where BIL can hike/explore away from us humans:D?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We're big hikers as well. There are pretty decent walking trails that go out away from the crowds. Not much 'hiking' however, since there is virtually no virtical rise on the whole island. You can walk down the beach and around the point which we did as well. It's a pretty small island, so no real 'getting out there' but you have to remember that 95% of people stay within 200 yards of the tender docks, so it really doesn't take long to leave, at least most people, in the dust.

Dh and I hiked around the island last winter. We went places that weren't marked. I think we toured the whole island, and got back in time for drinks at the Capt. Morgan bar, then walked on the beach where most of the people were, then still had time to get back to the ship early. So although pleasant, it's not a long hike. But it was beautiful. Here's a picture of the other side of the island.

2758740690102380909S600x600Q85.jpg

I would say Don't get lost and miss the ship... but I wont as that might be your plan...

Nah....don't want him to miss the ship. He's a pretty good BIL. We get along great....especially during a few libations!:D Plus he is great to my DS and nephew / nieces!:p

Archived