Some Good News

greeneg

Looks like RCL is doing well! They paid no dividends at all in 2009 or 2010. They paid one over the summer of 2011 and now have announced the second one for 2011. Hopefully they will continue to do well is 2013 and beyond! Their price per share has been up and down a lot, but is currently rated "hold" by most of the ratings companies.

Hi Everyone,

Maybe some of you could give me some insight on the benefits of having RCCL stock...

I've only been around this website a short while and have read a few posts in the pasts, but now am seriously musing about perhaps making an investment (not that I am much of a cruiser, but I believe that the Travel Industry will continue to grow in the years to come... especially as the Baby Boomers... the largest sector of our population, are now in the age range of retirement... mid-60s thru to 50ish)

I know that there are some perks for RCCL Stockholders on cruise ships owned by the company (Royal Caribbean - Celebrity - and Azamara) maybe those who have benefited from them could tell me what they were... and if there are any pitfalls (or disappointments) that anyone has encountered.

Thanks, any info much appreciated,

Cheers!

=== === === ===

TO GYANHUMARA,

I heard the < thock! >... and totally got the humour. Indeed, I am of the same view... not everything posted on CC's Celebrity Board has to be specifically about a Celebrity Ship per se.

If you own 100 shares, you can get an on-board credit. You cannot combine this with an OBC you might have gotten from booking a new cruise while on board a cruise. This used to be possible, but no longer is. So the shareholder credit is useful if you suddenly get the urge to book a cruise and don't have an intervening one so that you can book on board. There are some who complain that it's no longer combinable, but that's just the way it is now.

You can get whichever of the two is greater, and sometimes the on-board booking offer is slightly more, sometimes slightly less, than the shareholder OBC. They both vary by the length of cruise booked.

You will see that several of us have pointed out (should you do a search of shareholder credit) that this alone is not probably a very good reason to buy a stock, but should the parent company fit into your other investment goals, then it is a nice perk.

And this was posted on CC... why? For heaven's sake, they work in an office building, not a cruise ship! :D

<thock!> (Sound of tongue popping out of cheek...)

I guess we know somebody who's never got a Shareholders OBC or timed a buy of acouple of hundred shares of RCL at just over $ 8.00 a share!!! (Today's close was $ 27.44):cool::rolleyes:

We've bagged over a grand between CCL and RCL OBCs in the last three years alone!!! CCL had started paying dividends awhile ago... this is icing on the cake.

(Sound of a yip followed by another round of free paid for by RCL beer):D

Hi -

A few questions:

Do you claim the shareholder's credit at the time of booking? How much is the OBC? Do you provide some proof of ownership when booking? Much red tape involved?

Thanks.

After final payment. Send them a statement with the shares listed... Credit varies by cruise length

Here's a link

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Hi -

A few questions:

Do you claim the shareholder's credit at the time of booking? How much is the OBC? Do you provide some proof of ownership when booking? Much red tape involved?

Thanks.

You can send in the request anytime after you have made a deposit. It can take a few days to process, so I recommend doing it sooner rather than later. Not too much red tape; you just to send a hard copy of a brokerage statement showing proof of ownership of even an e-mail with an attachment of a brokerage statement. The perk ranges from $50 to $250 (depending on length of cruise) but may not be combined with other OBC's that come from Celebrity (i.e. OBC from booking a future cruise while on a current cruise) or with some discounted pricing offers.

The shareholder OBC is only combinable with travel agent OBC that does not originate with Celebrity. If the travel agent is rebating part of their commission and taking money out of their pocket for the OBC, then it is combinable, but some travel agents advertise that they give OBC but really it is Celebrity that gives it, and then it is not combinable with the shareholder OBC.

Archived