Cave Tubing

TriciaEMTB

I'll be in Belize next November. I want to do a cave tubing excursion.

I read somewhere that some of them let you jump off a small cliff into the water or walk down to the water.

I think jumping off a cliff sounds like a lot of fun, any ideas what companies allow this??

We went with cavetubing.bz and they were wonderful. We didn't jump off the cliff but other companies were allowing this. Our guides told us they dont do it because it's too dangerous due to the water level. On your float back you end at the spot where the cliff is and the water wasn't deep at all. If you're looking for a good company to go with I highly recommend cavetubing.bz. They were fabulous and the lunch at the end was home cooked by the owners family and delicious. We had a blast on this tour. Really made Belize for us.

Just got back fr Belize & cavetubingRus. I did not see anyone jumping off. I think it would be too dangerous-very rocky. Our group was very small, but the larger groups were not jumping off either- you drop back into tube fr a dock like place- very easy.

Just got off the ship yesterday. Cave tubing for my second time in Belize.

I go with Cavetubing dot bz is the website. You can e-mail them at.....

info at cavetubing dot bz is their e-mail address. I took my 74 year old mother with me this time and she had a blast! Totally loved it! Small groups and very safe! Great lunch stop on way home. Thank you Vitalino!

We weren't allowed to jump off either, our guide said that it would be too dangerous so he took us to another spot where we indeed were able to jump into the river. We definitely had a good time:) As we went to Costa Maya and Cozumel on this cruise as well, we booked with Shore Excursioneer as they offer discount for 2 or more bookings, so we got the best deal on each tour. Belize rocks! (still got a headache from the one barrel rum jaja)

We went with .bz too and we didn't see anyone from our companies jumping off the rocks into the water. I know the day we were there it had rained for several days before we were there and the water was suppose to be higher than normal for that time of year.

However, I know the spot they are referring to. When you walk on the tour there, you will actually cross the water where they are talking about by holding onto a rope to get across...then continue your journey in the rain forest to where you start the tubing. At the end of the cave tubing, you end up back at the spot that you crossed the water at.

Here is a youtube link showing them jumping off the rock...as you can see people are standing in the water down below and it is only about waist deep.

Plus I know when we went, everyone is split up into groups with their own tour guide and there are multiple companies at the same time going down the water. People are actually floating by right below these rocks so I would imagine you would have to wait for everyone to get out of the way to jump. It does look like fun though and it's not really too high.

Archived