Costa Rica adventure tour for 50 yr olds?

smith6

Hi We are sailing to Costa Rica in Feb. we are 2 couples in our 50's and love nature and really looking forward to this port. We are in pretty good health and are looking for something adventurous and fun. Not into zip lining or mountain climbing or 10 mi. hikes but would love to experience the jungles of Costa Rica. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Contact one of the private tour operators like JJ and they will put together a package that works for you. Possibly include the longer tram ride, maybe a plantation tour and the tortugero canals...

We will be docking in Puerto Limon. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

• 1 month later...

We were in Costa Rica in Jan 2012 and booked with JJ tours. Another group booked a rafting trip with JJ and we got pushed off into a cab....we should have walked away. Two of the promised stops were a slow down and look out the cab window, and two other stops were a no go at all. And in the end we were happy to just get out of the cab, but it hurt to drop $90 on this cab ride.....I think some people get lucky and don't get pushed off, but don't take the chance, it was a mistake for me

We were in Costa Rica in Jan 2012 and booked with JJ tours. Another group booked a rafting trip with JJ and we got pushed off into a cab....we should have walked away. Two of the promised stops were a slow down and look out the cab window, and two other stops were a no go at all. And in the end we were happy to just get out of the cab, but it hurt to drop $90 on this cab ride.....I think some people get lucky and don't get pushed off, but don't take the chance, it was a mistake for me

Unclekritz: So sorry to hear of your bad experience! I was the one that organized the "other" group of 21 on the bus with JJ for white-water rafting... And, coincidentally, I live in Spokane as well :)

Kirt Christensen

we did the white water rafting with yourluckytour on january 13. middle-aged dad and two college-aged sons, along with another family from our roll call with late teenagers and middle-aged parents. i would highly recommend the tour; see http://www.yourluckytour.com/en/white-water-rafting.htm for their description and here for a more detailed description: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32137534&postcount=24

Any thoughts on the white water rafting?

Loved the white water rafting. We'd been before and our bus had a flat tire so we were not comfortable with booking outside of the cruiseline. So, we booked with them and we were late getting back (this time because of construction)

My husband and I are both in our 50s. The first time we rafted this river we were in our 30s. Kind of fun to go back and do it again.:D

Archived