Strollers

debnjoe1438

What type/size of stroller is best to take on a cruise. I will be cruising Carnival Paradise with my adult children and grand children. My daughters were thinking of bring a double stroller for the two smallest children (both will be 14 months). I'm thinking most of the walkways on the ship won't be wide enough.

Are there any "stroller storage/parking" areas.

Thanks, any information is helpful.

The only storage space is in your cabin. You are not allowed to park them anywhere else.

Keep this in mind. The hallways are narrow and there will be other people walking down them that will have to step into a doorway for a doublewide stroller. Or, if there are dishes in the hallway. There will be cleaning carts in the hallways and one of you - either the steward or your daughter are going to have to back up while the other moves which is not practical. Basically the room steward would have to move his cart out of the hallway for her to get by. The same would be true for sidewalks, that someone would have to get off so she could get by.

Cabin doorways are 22", subtract 2" for the width of the door when open...Stroller must fit through or be folded to get through. Cannot store in hallway or other areas. Front/back double is doable, but not side by side. EM

Cabin doorways are 22", subtract 2" for the width of the door when open...Stroller must fit through or be folded to get through. Cannot store in hallway or other areas. Front/back double is doable, but not side by side. EM

I have cruised with many different double strollers for my twins. I agree that a side-by-side will not function well on board, but a tandem (front/back) is no problem at all (though I have even had to fold down my tandem strollers to get them through most cabin doors). I did bring a lightweight & narrow side-by-side for one cruise, but did not use it on board, just in port. For on board I just used a single stroller for my girl who needs it more often.

Best,

Mia

Archived