Nexus, security and boarding in San Pedro

westerngardener

We'll be leaving on the Sapphire out of San Pedro this December. We have Nuxus passes. Is there a 'special' line-up/queue for going through security and boarding the cruise ship? (We're not Elite or disabled, which we know has priority boarding.)

You get nothing special.

We'll be leaving on the Sapphire out of San Pedro this December. We have Nuxus passes. Is there a 'special' line-up/queue for going through security and boarding the cruise ship? (We're not Elite or disabled, which we know has priority boarding.)

Nexus is for customs/immigration for international travel. You need neither for boarding the ship.

As you are leaving the US to go to either a foreign port or perhaps Hawaii you will not be clearing US Customs in San Pedro and there will be no NEXUS line such as you are familiar with at Blaine or YVR. However a NEXUS card is an acceptable form of identification for re-entering the US but there is no special NEXUS line in any port that I have seen including Canada Place.

Even though this doesn't give you priority I've always found embarking in San Pedro on the Sapphire really smooth. However, I've only done the Mexican Riviera on her and not sure how the Hawaii embarkation process runs. I wouldn't think it would be that different but don't know for sure.

Archived