Balcony Dividers Can be open - photo proof!

Hey Everyone.

I sailed Mariner on Sunday, great cruise.

I plan on doing a little review with pictures on the weekend since I only uploaded my pictures tonight.

In the meantime I wanted to let you know we were able to open our Balcony dividers without problems! Also, Liberty Of The Sea's was in port with us and they had theirs open. Here's some photo proof.

393540_10150399707530936_506790935_8622361_244699637_n.jpg

Liberty Of The Seas.... Can you spot to open dividers?.. hint, look at the top left.

390575_10150399707590936_506790935_8622362_178925298_n.jpg

Here's another cabin on Liberty.

386485_10150399707680936_506790935_8622363_990459349_n.jpg

And another one open on Liberty.

385934_10150399708120936_506790935_8622370_675882916_n.jpg

And here is our Balcony dividers opened in our two Grand Suites. The balcony was HUGE! I just wish it was deeper!

Hope this gives some of you some hope. :)

We just got off the Mariner of the Seas on 11-27 sailing and they would not open the balcony dividers for us. We had a GS and a D1 connecting. Our cabin steward said she had to ask and when she did she was told no per the Cpt. .:( Oh well, we had our connecting doors unlocked though. It all worked out though.

The question usually asked is "Can the dividers be opened". On most ships the answer is yes. The key question is WILL they be opened for you. Varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. Of course, on the Explorer, the dividers between GS balconies were structural steel. Now those CAN"T be opened. Bon Voyage!

We just got off the Mariner of the Seas on 11-27 sailing and they would not open the balcony dividers for us. We had a GS and a D1 connecting. Our cabin steward said she had to ask and when she did she was told no per the Cpt. .:( Oh well, we had our connecting doors unlocked though. It all worked out though.

That's the same sailing we were on, and you can see from the picture above our balcony doors were opened. We were in suites 1260 and 1256. our room steward said he had to ask, and the next day it was done. I wonder why the captain said yes for us, but no for you? I wonder if there are certain rooms the captain don't want connected for whatever reason?

And yes, there was a thread on here two weeks ago saying that Royal Caribbean no longer allows the Balcony dividers to be opened.

Does anyone know if the balconies dividers can be open on the Jewel of the Seas?

Not on balconies we have been on as they seemed to be part of the support structure. They were rigidly bolted in place with several layers of paint covering the bolts and nuts.

we just got off of the Mariner today - no luck getting the balcony divider door open despite 4 requests. We saw others open though. I think it must take some green paper ($$$) to get them open. We were able to get the room divider door open though

Archived