The coveted silver box...es?!?!

CASHIPman

We just received our tickets for our upcoming cruise and lo and behold we each received separate boxes with separate tickets and information, etc. We're in the same stateroom and never had this happen before.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not complaining...just curious!

(oh, and isn't it a delightful feeling to get that piece of mail??) :D

When we received our tickets / documents in September we didn't get the silverbox. Our items were in a faux leather wallet. No matter what they come in - its the first walk up the gangway that makes the cruise so special.

Not to us. We received the silver box last week. I was doing the 'docs dance' for several minutes. Yes it makes it all seem so real. :D

Anyway, two of us, same suite, one box.

Oh, don't get me wrong...the docs dance was done with great aplomb! :D

In the past though it was two of us, same suite, one box.

When we received our tickets / documents in September we didn't get the silverbox. Our items were in a faux leather wallet. No matter what they come in - its the first walk up the gangway that makes the cruise so special.

The silver box holds the wallet, a letter from Silversea, tour options, gift catalog, itinerary and contacts for the en route shipping agents.

For me, every step of the process makes the cruise seem precious from the initial booking to that first walk up the gangway and everything in between!

The silver box holds the wallet, a letter from Silversea, tour options, gift catalog, itinerary and contacts for the en route shipping agents.

For me, every step of the process makes the cruise seem precious from the initial booking to that first walk up the gangway and everything in between!

Craig -- me too! It never gets old, no matter how many cruises. I love your enthusiasm. Don't you feel sorry for those jaded souls.....:)

Oh, don't get me wrong...the docs dance was done with great aplomb! :D

In the past though it was two of us, same suite, one box.

Indeed, a 'Double Docs Dance' :D

I'm rather miffed that we only got one box, hence one dance...

mrscrab, we didn't get a box last time. My husband thinks our TA was trying to cut down the postage costs, however I'm not sure I agree since the extra postage would have been minimal! We received our wallet, luggage tags, and all the documentation, it just wasn't in a box.

Hi, I think it might be because you have different last names. My aunt and I were on a cruise in October and in the same room, but they sent two boxes to my address (that was the address I had given the travel agent).

Agree with others that silver box is part of the experience. Getting excited about going is half the fun!

Eric, Katherine and I wish you and Will a great time! And at some point, drink some champagne and think of us!

NJBelle

Archived