Victory Vs. Glory

k2

I have sailed the Carnival Glory and LOVED IT. I am looking forward to sailing the Carnival Victory in Feb. I have been reading reports of congestions issues on the Victory. Is there going to be a big difference here than what we saw on the Glory? Any comments or comparisons of the 2?

I've sailed Victory four times

and just recently, once on Glory.

Glory's about 10% bigger tonnage-wise, but to all intents and purposes the same dimensions inside.

Glory is nicer decored, and we preferred it over Victory

but Victory is still a nice ship, even though the aft dining room has weird color combination of dark blue and brown

which my HGTV wife does not approve of :D

Seeing as Victory's itinerary is port-intensive, most people are too busy or exhausted to nitpick

and most cruise reviews re. Victory are raving plusses

No worries, mate! ;)

Victory has only half the buffet area that Glory has.. so yes, in the buffet, its almost twice as congested.

Conquest and up they added a 2nd buffet area, but Triumph class only has one buffet area.

you will definetely notice it .. just plan on it.

The upstairs area on Victory will just have seating .. whereas on Glory, the front buffet area, upstairs was the steak house and the back buffet area, the upper area was fish and chips.

So, there is overflow seating up there, which as always its seems no one uses.

Its the one buffet area, like fantasy class, that is the problem to me. We had some water pipe issues on Triumph over one of the two buffets lines.. so only had one line to use. . that was sure a mess.

Glory if you remember had two buffet areas with the deli and used to be oriental on the other side in between .. just imagine one buffet area, as big duck said two lines, one on each side, rather than two areas with two lines.

Have sailed the Glory twice just got back fromk the Victory . The biggest thing we saw room size , no fridge , which was no big deal , and the closet space seemed a LOT less we had balcony rooms and my wife and I really seem to struggle with places to put our clothes and we packed lighter for the Victory.

As for the Buffets I agree what a mess. We gave up on breakfast and just went to the MDR every morning , it was quicker and easier and a lot less frustrating.

Afternoons not so bad when we got back on board people were more strung out it seemed.

Hmm trying to imagine that. I had read about the upstairs seating for the Glory and was glad to know that no one ever used it, because that helped our group sit together ;) I will look for that! Does that mean we will have to stand in line 2x as long to get food or was it not so bad due to all of the ports?

Do they still have the front area for the burger and fries and the back area for the pizza?

Hmm trying to imagine that. I had read about the upstairs seating for the Glory and was glad to know that no one ever used it, because that helped our group sit together ;) I will look for that! Does that mean we will have to stand in line 2x as long to get food or was it not so bad due to all of the ports?

Do they still have the front area for the burger and fries and the back area for the pizza?

two grills unless its changed. one by the pool and one in the back. The back area will be the same as conquest class with the pizza, and the grill.

Its the buffet area that is only the one area so half the lines.

Just avoid peak times to eat in the buffet?

Picture the back buffet area of glory without the fish and chips and thats what it will be like.

the other alternatives by the pool and in back where the pool and hot tubs are is the same.

since they have not been on glory, I doubt they would say a word about the buffet, it will seem normal to them.

I didnt really see it as a huge problem, just avoid eating at high noon, eat earlier or later. Or eat at the deli or whatever.

the last sea day they always have the chocolate buffet at lunch in the middle of the two buffet lines. dont miss it. also good fried chicken on the buffet, though now with fried chicken being on the dinner menu, maybe not so special.

The itinerary for this cruise really accentuates the problem. With a port almost everyday there is a compressed breakfast time for everyone to get up and get off the ship.

On days you aren't in a hurry to get off the ship don't be in a hurry for breaky. On other days take advantage of the Dining room and room service.

For your one day at sea plan to have lunch in the DR as well.

Thanks! I am bringing people new to cruising so I hope they love this ship!

If I was new to cruising I would think the Victory was the greatest thing since sliced bread :p

Our first 7 day cruise was the Triumph, same ship , we were so impressed . But as the years pass and you see more and more ships you become spoiled , and think ships like the Victory are not all that nice , as i stated it was somewaht smaller than the Glory , But its still a GREAT ship and very NICE itinery :):)

Have sailed the Glory twice just got back fromk the Victory . The biggest thing we saw room size , no fridge , which was no big deal , and the closet space seemed a LOT less we had balcony rooms and my wife and I really seem to struggle with places to put our clothes and we packed lighter for the Victory.

As for the Buffets I agree what a mess. We gave up on breakfast and just went to the MDR every morning , it was quicker and easier and a lot less frustrating.

Afternoons not so bad when we got back on board people were more strung out it seemed.

I did not notice any difference in the closet space. The cabins are also exactly the same size. No fridge, I agree. But then I rarely have used one when I do have it, so I didnt care.

Did the Glory last year and the Victory this year and booked it again for next year too. The lines could be long at times, but I always gave myself pleanty of time before getting off for a tour for coming back for lunch. One of us would get a table when the other went and got their food, and then switch off.

I did not notice any difference in the closet space. The cabins are also exactly the same size. No fridge, I agree. But then I rarely have used one when I do have it, so I didnt care.

Well I would think that to . I am just saying we really struggled to find places for our clothes and thats considering last year we cruised on the Glory so is fresh in my mind and we truly packed so few clothes . Maybe we were having a bad day. I dont sweat the small stuff on cruises , I would throw my clothes in a corner if i had to LOL .

Well I would think that to . I am just saying we really struggled to find places for our clothes and thats considering last year we cruised on the Glory so is fresh in my mind and we truly packed so few clothes . Maybe we were having a bad day. I dont sweat the small stuff on cruises , I would throw my clothes in a corner if i had to LOL .

Did you have a balcony on both. We chose the o/v because the interior size is larger and we do not really use the balcony ( we are alway son deck). On the gory in and o/v we had a ton of space. I hope to see it is the same on the Victory. They are supposed to be same size.

Thanks for all of the feedback! What time does the MDR open for breakfast and lunch. Which Dining room is open for these?

Archived