Brunch Buffet?

AviGirl

When is the brunch buffet on Eclipse? Is it the first full sail day?

Depending your port schedules, that super great Brunch Buffet will be around the middle of your cruise on a sea day.

Below are some of my pictures from our on the Solstice, a sister ship to the Eclipse. Does this give you an idea and make your mouth water?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 51,552 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

This is an overview for how the whole main part of the open, central MDR was taken over by the various stations of food, ice carving, treats, etc., for a special mid-day brunch on a sea day.:

SolsticeBuffetOverallTwoHigh.jpg

Here is a table with just cheese items.:

SolsticeCheeseTwoStaff.jpg

Here are some sushi options and a nice ice carving at the mid-day brunch buffet during a sea day.:

SolsticeSushiIceCarving.jpg

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the MDR, there were three ice carvings.:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

During our brunch buffet on a sea day, here are two more pictures. First, is the omelette area where they make these custom egg treats with the exact items you desire. Second is the carving area with the friendly, helpful staff.:

SolsticeBuffetOmletCookings.jpg

SolsticeBuffetCustomCarving.jpg

I have told you this before, TLCOhio, but really... you take such amazing pictures, and I so enjoy them!! Thank you for taking the time to post. And YES! My mouth is watering. Next week, can't wait! Yeah!!:D

Glad you have such class and great taste (in food and evaluating pictures). Appreciate the nice and kind comments. One added picture below.

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 51,552 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

During the brunch buffet, there was so many dessert options that I had to take five of them to avoid showing any favoritism. Got to be fair!!:

SolsticeBuffetDesserts5x.jpg

The day of the Gala Brunch there will be no breakfast served in the MDR. If you normally breakfast there, you might want to have room service or eat at one of the buffet areas that morning. It will be posted in the daily under the section about restaurant hours.

OR...

Skip Breakfast... and just save yourself for the mega-feast.

My research / reading has reviewed that in some instances the Gala Brunch is offered the SAME DAY as one of the Formal Evenings.

For some folks, this could be a BIG food day. My best advice... is to plan accordingly.

Cheers!

oh my gosh... I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at those photos! lol Thanks for sharing! I guess the brunch details will be in the daily?

Sloop JohnB: My research / reading has reviewed that in some instances the Gala Brunch is offered the SAME DAY as one of the Formal Evenings. For some folks' date=' this could be a BIG food day. My best advice... is to plan accordingly. Cheers! [/quote']

Hate to disagree with AviGirl, BUT, my pictures contain NO calories. NONE! Your only danger is going on the ship. Looking at pictures is fat free. As noted, the exact day for a lavish Brunch Buffet can vary. It does generally happen on a sea day. To do this "event" takes lots of staff time and hard work. As I re-call, ours had about ten different ice carvings, etc.

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 52,024 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

We just returned from three Solstice cruises;

The brunch buffet on Nov 4th sailing was moved from the dining room to the Seaside cafe. There was no special buffet offered on the 16th nor the Transatlantic. "my pictures contain NO calories. NONE!".

Neither did the brunch buffet on Solstice. ;)

There was no food set-up for the Captain's Club Celebration either but the appetizers were tasty.

We just returned from three Solstice cruises;

The brunch buffet on Nov 4th sailing was moved from the dining room to the Seaside cafe. There was no special buffet offered on the 16th nor the Transatlantic. "my pictures contain NO calories. NONE!".

Neither did the brunch buffet on Solstice. ;)

There was no food set-up for the Captain's Club Celebration either but the appetizers were tasty.

Maybe this is a stupid question - but did the noro (or chance of noro) cause cancellation of the brunch?

Terry, nice photos as always -- you capture the scene.

We've had mixed experiences with the brunch. Sometimes it's chaotic, tables not cleaned often enough, pax not taking care and causing a real mess. Other times (like on Summit this May) it's been very enjoyable.

Terry, nice photos as always -- you capture the scene.

We've had mixed experiences with the brunch. Sometimes it's chaotic, tables not cleaned often enough, pax not taking care and causing a real mess. Other times (like on Summit this May) it's been very enjoyable.

Appreciate the nice comments on the pictures. YES, my pictures are highly misleading as they were shot right before the buffet started. Once it got going, things got very, very busy! People were getting food, staff bringing more items, freshening, etc. You almost needed traffic cops to deal with the masses of humanity on the central floor area. Very busy, but good!

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 52,024 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Wow, thanks for the photos, TLCOhio. It does make my mouth water. I'm wondering if the Equinox will also have this elaborate brunch. My husband and I will be on the May 21 sailing out of Rome.

From friends traveling with us who have done many earlier such Celebrity cruises, my info/sense is that your brunch buffet should be similar. Glad you are sailing out of Rome and seeing the Med. Celebrity does some nice ports in that area. We've been to all of your port stops, except Santorini (it's on the future wish list). Istanbul is super great and glad you will have two days there. Check out these three boards for more info on these areas:

Greece boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=594

Italy boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

Other Mediterranean boards, including Turkey:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Let us know any other questions.

THANKS for the nice comments on the pictures! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 52,175 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived