Gin and liqeuor brands on the Marina

Woodrowst

Anyone happen to know the brands of gin and liqueurs on the Marina? I couldn't find any specifics in the "Bars and Lounges" section of the Oceania website. For a special treat I like a Martini made with Hendricks, Beefeaters 24, or Juniper Green. I also occasionally enjoy Chartreuse as a pre-show aperitif.

Any chance I can get Hendricks, Beefeaters 24, Juniper Green, or Chartreuse on the Marina? I don't need them all; one will do just fine :)

If you have read this far, you are probably into Martini's. So for you afficionado's, I jsut ran into a most intriguing gin in Virginia - Catoctin Creek gin. It is made by a boutique company in Purcellville, VA. The interesting part is that it uses rye for its base. This is very unusal and gives notes and a layered taste not found elsewhere. I don't know if it available outside the state, but do give it a try if you see it.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance with the brands on board the Marina.

Anyone happen to know the brands of gin and liqueurs on the Marina? I couldn't find any specifics in the "Bars and Lounges" section of the Oceania website. For a special treat I like a Martini made with Hendricks, Beefeaters 24, or Juniper Green. I also occasionally enjoy Chartreuse as a pre-show aperitif.

Any chance I can get Hendricks, Beefeaters 24, Juniper Green, or Chartreuse on the Marina? I don't need them all; one will do just fine :)

If you have read this far, you are probably into Martini's. So for you afficionado's, I jsut ran into a most intriguing gin in Virginia - Catoctin Creek gin. It is made by a boutique company in Purcellville, VA. The interesting part is that it uses rye for its base. This is very unusal and gives notes and a layered taste not found elsewhere. I don't know if it available outside the state, but do give it a try if you see it.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance with the brands on board the Marina.

I am not a gin drinker myself, but the brands carried in the Deck 6 Martini Bar are:

Beefeater, Tanqueray, Gilbey's, Gordon's, Bombay Sapphire, Boodles, Plymouth No.Ten and Hendrick's.

074004.jpg

Chartreuse is not on the bar menu, although Framboise, Poire William, Sake and Aquavit are. The Aperitifs served are:

Dubbonet, Ricard, Compari Biter, Pimms No. 1 Cup, Noilly Prat, Martini & Rossi Sweet and Dry Vermouth, Harvey's Bristol Cream & Tio Pepe.

I hope that this helped, please have a wonderful cruise. :D

One of the things my mom and I like to take part in on sea days is the Martini tastings. To my dismay, Marina does not have this activity. They told me there was no set up to conduct a tasting, however the smaller ships DO hold the tastings. I am not a gin drinker, but the bartenders have always been able to make them for me with Vodka. One of the speciality gins they have discussed was the Hendricks that you mentioned. I am hoping my Dec. 16th trip on Regatta has at least 2 tastings.:p

• 2 weeks later...
One of the things my mom and I like to take part in on sea days is the Martini tastings. To my dismay, Marina does not have this activity. They told me there was no set up to conduct a tasting, however the smaller ships DO hold the tastings. I am not a gin drinker, but the bartenders have always been able to make them for me with Vodka. One of the speciality gins they have discussed was the Hendricks that you mentioned. I am hoping my Dec. 16th trip on Regatta has at least 2 tastings.:p

Marina had 2 Martini tastings on the sailing I just returned from yesterday.

Unless things have changed, my favorite gin, Hendricks, is on Regatta. And on Nautica. Hopefully they will still be serving it in March when we are on the lovely Regatta.

Marina had 2 Martini tastings on the sailing I just returned from yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who provided information about gins onboard Marina. It is great to know that they have Hendricks. Moggyhill is right; the cucumber makes it unique. A bonus is Boodles, a hearty and straightforward gin.

It is also nice to see that Marina has a Martini tasting but it is hard to get excited as this usually refers to a tour of vodka flavored drinks. A real Martini is made with gin. The only thing a vodka martini has in common with a real martini is the glass (no offense intended to those who like vodka - after all, that is how gin starts out)

Any chance the Oceania martini tastings include gin-based martinis?

David

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I think a lot of things about Marina are a work in progress. Although I didn't participate, I'm reasonably confident that Marina's holiday cruise (just completed) included a Martini tasting during an at-sea day. Another example: the beds were changed on Marina about six months into service. They are now the most comfortable Oceania bed we've ever slept. I'll go farther and say they're the most comfortable bed I've slept in at any hotel (including such super star as the Mandarin Oriental).

Archived