Miami Hotel - Hampton Inn and Suite - Brickell

lotus land

Thank you everyone, just booked Hampton Inn and Suites using Hilton MVP (advise from another thread on this board) paid just under $200.00 also includes breakfast :)

Keith 1010, any recommendations for reasonable places to eat would be appreciated.

What is the Hilton MVP? How do you get it?? I am also looking at this hotel for jan 2013. We have always stayed at the Hyatt downtown. Looking for change.

Thank you.

I am writing this from the hotel. Rooms are very nice. Pool area and workout room are very nice as well Publix was easy walk even with our cruise water, G2, and wine. Ate dinner at a nice, mid-priced, neighborhood italian place two blocks away. Lots of restaurants at Brickell village but not many shops for browsing. Hotel staff booked us on an $8/person shuttle to POM tomorrow as it is music festival weekend and no van cabs will be available. Same price as the 2 car cabs we would need otherwise. Have seen lots of college age music festival goers "in" INTERESTING outfits. Oh well, my 14 year old son will have stories to tell the guys about what he saw in Miami. I might have stayed in FLL if I had realized festival was same time. Hotel staff has assured us no problems last night and to report any we experience. We will see how tonight goes.....

I am writing this from the hotel. Rooms are very nice. Pool area and workout room are very nice as well Publix was easy walk even with our cruise water, G2, and wine. Ate dinner at a nice, mid-priced, neighborhood italian place two blocks away. Lots of restaurants at Brickell village but not many shops for browsing. Hotel staff booked us on an $8/person shuttle to POM tomorrow as it is music festival weekend and no van cabs will be available. Same price as the 2 car cabs we would need otherwise. Have seen lots of college age music festival goers "in" INTERESTING outfits. Oh well, my 14 year old son will have stories to tell the guys about what he saw in Miami. I might have stayed in FLL if I had realized festival was same time. Hotel staff has assured us no problems last night and to report any we experience. We will see how tonight goes.....

Was this a personal shuttle, or a shared one through the hotel? How was the shuttle experience: easy to find, time it left to port, luggage issues? Thanks for any info you have...

I am happy to report that we experienced only minimal noise issues from festival goers. My husband had the most trouble sleeping but no more than other hotels so not really a negative against this one. Great breakfast with lots to choose from. We were asked at checkout if we had any probkems. They seemed truly concerned. I would avoid Miami at festival time since it prevented us from enjoying bayside marketplace but this hotel was great.

We stayed at this hotel in early March. I'll second the good reviews. We really enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood. We had a nice dinner at Perricones, which is located between the hotel and Mary Brickell Village. We took a taxi to the port on Saturday morning, which cost $15 including tip.

• 7 months later...
We stayed at this hotel in early March. I'll second the good reviews. We really enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood. We had a nice dinner at Perricones, which is located between the hotel and Mary Brickell Village. We took a taxi to the port on Saturday morning, which cost $15 including tip.

Hi, I am thinking about staying at this Hampton Inn, Brickell in December. Just have a few queries. What is included in the free breakfast, is it omelettes and sausage and fruit, etc or croissants and tea?

Also, I am only in Miami for 1 day post cruise, I saw taxi fare from the port to the hotel is approx $15, but I am interested in heading over to South Beach in the evening. I read on here I can take the metro rail, I just wanted to know what would be cost of the taxi back to the hotel from South Beach after midnight? Do you recommend as a 1st time traveller (dh & I) that we stay in south beach that late?

Also, how much is the taxi fare from the hotel to the airport.

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to plan the travel budget.

Thanks

Hi, I am thinking about staying at this Hampton Inn, Brickell in December. Just have a few queries. What is included in the free breakfast, is it omelettes and sausage and fruit, etc or croissants and tea?

Also, I am only in Miami for 1 day post cruise, I saw taxi fare from the port to the hotel is approx $15, but I am interested in heading over to South Beach in the evening. I read on here I can take the metro rail, I just wanted to know what would be cost of the taxi back to the hotel from South Beach after midnight? Do you recommend as a 1st time traveller (dh & I) that we stay in south beach that late?

Also, how much is the taxi fare from the hotel to the airport.

Thanks

Hampton Inn has a nice breakfast. It is not on the same par with say Embassy Suites so there will not be cooked to order omelets but there will be hot and cold items including scrambled eggs,sasuage and waffles and cereals, breads, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, fruit and the like.

I would say the cost of a taxi over to South Beach will be around $30.00 with tip. It may be slightly lower or slightly higher. The variables are travel time which is influenced by traffic and where you want to be dropped off and picked up as South Beach itself will/can have a fair amount of traffic.

South Beach is fine at night but like any place be observant of your surroundings. It is not crime free as no city is crime free and it is quite lively at night.

Keith

Hampton Inn has a nice breakfast. It is not on the same par with say Embassy Suites so there will not be cooked to order omelets but there will be hot and cold items including scrambled eggs,sasuage and waffles and cereals, breads, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, fruit and the like.

I would say the cost of a taxi over to South Beach will be around $30.00 with tip. It may be slightly lower or slightly higher. The variables are travel time which is influenced by traffic and where you want to be dropped off and picked up as South Beach itself will/can have a fair amount of traffic.

South Beach is fine at night but like any place be observant of your surroundings. It is not crime free as no city is crime free and it is quite lively at night.

Keith

Thank you so much for your response. This helps alot to plan my budget .

Ish Drakes

Glad you enjoyed the Hampton Inn Brickell. We have it booked for two nights before our cruise November 15-16. If you read the Trip Advisor reviews of the hotel it has high ratings. That is why we booked it.

Thank you for this information. It will definitely make planning easier :).

but I am interested in heading over to South Beach in the evening.

Thanks

Let me give you some options that might save you some money. You can't take metrorail to South Beach. But from your hotel you can take the MetroMover(free) to Adrienne Arscht Center Station. From there take a bus to South Beach ($2.00 per person). Route M, 120, or C, whichever is leaving next, to Washington Ave. Get off and explore. To come back, grab a taxi (they are everywhere) The trip is $30+/- for the both you. My wife and I do this all the time from the beach to downtown, because parking is a hassle, and we can drink and not worry about the drive.

If you are departing downtown for the airport on a weekday during the day consider taking the Metrorail Orange Line ($2.00pp). It runs every 5-7 minutes during weekdays. Your hotel is half a block from the station, and the train takes you directly into the airport.

I'm cruising out of Miami and my flight getsin at 9 am the day before the cruise. I am travelling alone. Are there any hotels near the airport with thisgs to do within walking distance, or should I just head downtown. As cost is a factor for me and should I head downtown, any suggestions for safety and budget friendly?

thanks

Did anyone who stayed at this Hampton Inn drive to Miami ? I'd like to know if the hotel allowed you to leave your car for the duration of the cruise, and if there was a charge to do so. Thanks !!

Knowing that things change all the time, if this was me I would just call them directly.

Keith

Did anyone who stayed at this Hampton Inn drive to Miami ? I'd like to know if the hotel allowed you to leave your car for the duration of the cruise, and if there was a charge to do so. Thanks !!

I don't believe they let you. Plus parking there is $18/day.

They have a stay and cruise special at the hotel where the parking gets discounted to $5 per day for up to 7 nights. After that it's $18 per day. It also includes a one way shuttle for 2 people to the port.

Let me give you some options that might save you some money. You can't take metrorail to South Beach. But from your hotel you can take the MetroMover(free) to Adrienne Arscht Center Station. From there take a bus to South Beach ($2.00 per person). Route M, 120, or C, whichever is leaving next, to Washington Ave. Get off and explore. To come back, grab a taxi (they are everywhere) The trip is $30+/- for the both you. My wife and I do this all the time from the beach to downtown, because parking is a hassle, and we can drink and not worry about the drive.

If you are departing downtown for the airport on a weekday during the day consider taking the Metrorail Orange Line ($2.00pp). It runs every 5-7 minutes during weekdays. Your hotel is half a block from the station, and the train takes you directly into the airport.

Thank you. That is exactly what we wanted to know. We are thinking about going over to Sobe in the afternoon/evening so going by bus works fine. We will just have to budget for the taxi back. Our flight leaves at 10am so I think we will have to be at the airport by 7:00/7:30 am, is the metrorail orange line an option for that time in the morning. We will each have a carry-on and suitcase.

Thanks again

Hi folks. Thanks for all your info on the Hampton Inn, unfortunately I waited too long to make a decision and the cost has increased by $60. I was able to go on last minute travel, and get the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza for $150 (taxes and fees included). Is this an OK substitution?

Yogi, will I still be able to do the bus option to Sobe and the airport?

Hi folks. Thanks for all your info on the Hampton Inn, unfortunately I waited too long to make a decision and the cost has increased by $60. I was able to go on last minute travel, and get the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza for $150 (taxes and fees included). Is this an OK substitution?

Yogi, will I still be able to do the bus option to Sobe and the airport?

Yes, you are closer to the Beach (somewhat) than from the Hampton. to use the train to the airport board the Metromover closest to Chopin Plaza (Bayfront Park Station) and take the downtown loop to Government Center Station. Follow the signs to Metrorail, take the Orange Line Train to Airport Station.

The Beach directions remain the same, except you would take the Metromover from Bayfront Park Station, get on the OMNI TRAIN, and get off at Adrienne Arscht Center.

Yes, you are closer to the Beach (somewhat) than from the Hampton. to use the train to the airport board the Metromover closest to Chopin Plaza (Bayfront Park Station) and take the downtown loop to Government Center Station. Follow the signs to Metrorail, take the Orange Line Train to Airport Station.

The Beach directions remain the same, except you would take the Metromover from Bayfront Park Station, get on the OMNI TRAIN, and get off at Adrienne Arscht Center.

Thank you so much. 19 days til my cruise :D

Archived