Family (SJ) suites on the Star

Scrappygrrl

Thinking of booking this category for the extra space (me, DH and 2 boys). Any pitfalls I am not considering (other than no balcony?) It is only a few hundred dollars more than a balcony.

For the first time, I am considering booking with a travel agent for the OBC they are offering. Can someone confirm, the deposit would be $500, and then I can cancel up to 60 days without losing deposit? Or is it 90 days with suites? Getting different answers with regard to the SJ suite category. Thanks!

We loved this suite! No pitfalls I can foresee. This is not considered a high end suite, so the cancel policy would be the same as for a balcony.

Of course your travel agent may have a different policy!

There are some nice threads out there with good pics.

Enjoy!

They are awesome cabins. For the price and the space you get, I think they're the best deal in suites.

AGREE! Another cost saver...we were amazed how few specialty restaurants we went to as a result of two meals in Cagney's (breakfast and lunch, very special, included with suite!) and then ordering in something simple for dinner served en suite by the butler!

Be sure to ask your TA what they charge to cancel prior to final payment. Most have a processing fee. You might consider booking at NCL.COM, as there is no cancel penalty. You can always transfer that booking to your TA at a later time.

The final payment is due 75 days prior to sailing. But, I guess, each TA can handle things differently. I'm thinking the deposit is $250 per person, but I see there is a new special where the deposit is reduced by 50%, so yeah, $500 is the deposit for your family of four.

My family is looking forward to one of the family suites on the Star in February. While I haven't been in the cabin, I know that the location is great being very close to the pool deck. We are looking forward to having the extra room and the suite perks are amazing!

We are brand new to NCL however I booked an SC over the weekend for my family of four and the deposit was $1,000 ($250 per person) and we had the added bonus of an unexpected $300 OBC. So, you may be able to book direct with NCL and get it. (Just don't ask how we got it because I don't have a clue...LOL)

We are brand new to NCL however I booked an SC over the weekend for my family of four and the deposit was $1,000 ($250 per person) and we had the added bonus of an unexpected $300 OBC. So, you may be able to book direct with NCL and get it. (Just don't ask how we got it because I don't have a clue...LOL)

You got the $300 OBC for booking a suite more than 9 months out. Congrats!

Archived