Carnival's 2012 Cruise Director Schedule

Trin1103

Goose was really good we had him on the Splendor in 2009. He really made the cruise better. He was very personable and took the time to be with everyone. I wasn't crazy about Jen Baxter. She was okay, but be prepared for the queen's wave. Calvin, who is John Heald's ACD was her ACD and he was a lot funnier than her. We just had Hennie on the Conquest back in October and he was funny. Kind of like Goose and loved being around everyone. My nephew loved him, they took silly photos together. I hope to have another good cruise director on our next cruise. I can't wait until the second half of the years schedule comes out.

Goose was really good we had him on the Splendor in 2009. He really made the cruise better. He was very personable and took the time to be with everyone. I wasn't crazy about Jen Baxter. She was okay, but be prepared for the queen's wave. Calvin, who is John Heald's ACD was her ACD and he was a lot funnier than her. We just had Hennie on the Conquest back in October and he was funny. Kind of like Goose and loved being around everyone. My nephew loved him, they took silly photos together. I hope to have another good cruise director on our next cruise. I can't wait until the second half of the years schedule comes out.

Agree Goose awas alot of fun and entertaining and as far as Calvyn he is not funny or entertaining just VERY annoying with his act if it is an act?????

Who's Jen Baxter??

I guess DH & I will find out in May....

:confused:

Anyone know anything about her? It seems I've heard things, but they haven't been all that great?

Jenny, Courtney and I have had Jen on Fascination before. We really like her a lot!

In all the cruises we have taken I have only to pay attention and remember one CD's name. My girls and I thought him very entertaining--and that is saying alot for me. I am not one that likes comics or stupid humor, but we really enjoyed Jeff Bronson.

Isn't it funny how so many opinions vary???

Sorry to say - I think Jeff Bronson was most annoying!

I have enjoyed Malcolm Burn, Steve Knisley just to name two.

Based on the spreadsheet, my sailing will have Jorge Solano.

Is he good?

Had him on the Splendor in November 2011. He was okay. Funny during the marriage game in the lounge. Otherwise he didn't make much of an impression during the cruise and wasn't very personable. Hardly saw him around and when we did he was rushing from one place to another through the crowd. But it was his first week taking over as CD, so maybe he was trying to get his footing?

• 4 weeks later...
I've sailed with Butch twice. He's good. Very energetic!

Also sailed with Butch as CD. Liked him a lot. He is a very tall and skinny guy, great MC and interacts a lot with the guests. He does a twice weekly live show with dedications, tributes etc.

You will have a great time with him and his crew.

I'm so bummed :( We were just a little too late for JH when we cruised on Splendor (he left for Magic) and now were just a little too late on Magic because he's going to Breeze :(

OK, done pouting.

So, I guess our CD will be Butch???? Anyone have any experience with him?

We had Butch and Amy on Liberty in December. He was great. Very energetic, not too many announcements - just enough to tell you what's going on, but not annoying. Great deck parties and he did a great job on stage. You saw him out and about all the day long - and night. The morning show was a little awkward, but that's TV for you.

I also wonder about Paul. We are going in 2 weeks.

He was okay. Had him back in Jan. on the Conquest. Had some funny jokes, but just a few, as he repeated the same jokes throughout the entire week. So by the end of the week you are tired of listening to him use the same lines. His crew was good though. Had some fun at the various events and contests

• 2 weeks later...
In all the cruises I've ever been on, I've never remembered the name of any cruise director we've had or cared who they were, any more than I've cared about the name of the Captain. As long as they do their job properly, that's all that matters. I don't think the CD makes or breaks a cruise.

Does it really make such a difference to people? :confused:

This is a serious question, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snarky (I know you can't "hear" my tone of voice and I don't want anyone to misconstrue). I would love to know why it matters who's going to be on what ship? What's so special about these cruise directors that it matters so much?

I used to feel the same way and never cared about the the cruise director until I had a bum cruise director. I just got off the Valor and was a bit disappointed with Goose.

I felt the vibe of the crowd was down and he didn't help to bring it up. His assistant cruise director though Everson was awesome he deserves his own ship.

Archived