Wait List vs Priority Wait List

Morrey

Thanks for the marketing and sales lesson on the 2 for 1 and Free Air.

There seems to be another thing that Oceania does with there Wait Listing.

So you can be put on a wait list that last for 7 days or you can put down $750 to be put on a "Priority Wait List", but you don't get the special offers of that time period, you get it per the time of booking.

My fear is if I put down the deposit for the "Priority Wait List" and pass the 90 days prior to departure date. The cancellation penalties will start and I may not have a stateroom. Then if they pull the 2 for 1 fares and free air before I'm assigned a stateroom I would have to pay full book fare or loose 25% to 100% of my deposit?

Is there a way to work this to my advantage?

Thanks.

You could book a cabin or Cat that you would like then waitlist for the cat you prefer That way if the Cat you prefer does not come available before final payment you still have a cabin on the ship

Is there a way to work this to my advantage?

My first thought is that you don't really seem clear as to the Wait list policy versus the Stateroom Guarantee policy, so you might want to discuss this with a Travel Agent.

That being said, if you book (make a deposit on) a Stateroom Guarantee, which costs the same as being on the Wait list, then Oceania is making a commitment to getting you onto that cruise.

With a Stateroom Guarantee, you may DEPEND on either getting the category that you booked in on, or a nicer cabin at no cost to you.

Reminds me of "double secret probation" from the movie, Animal House. Didn't understand that, either.

It is actually not complicated at all, if you look at it this way:

The passenger buys the "Stateroom Guarantee" for the price that the least expensive stateroom that he is willing to sail in is selling for.

The Cruise line does not assign that passenger to a specific cabin when he books, but makes the "guarantee" that if he is not assigned to the category that he paid for, then they will put him into more expensive accommodations at no additional cost.

The waitlist, on the other hand, is just that. If all of the staterooms in a given category are booked, you may put your name on a list to be called in the event that someone cancels.

The Cruise line does not assign that passenger to a specific cabin when he books, but makes the "guarantee" that if he is not assigned to the category that he paid for, then they will put him into more expensive accommodations at no additional cost.

Or they will offer someone in the GTY cat an upsell so they can give the person with the GTY booking the GTY cabin cat they paid for ;)

Some cases they will upgrade the passenger with a GTY

Or they will offer someone in the GTY cat an upsell so they can give the person with the GTY booking the GTY cabin cat they paid for ;)

Some cases they will upgrade the passenger with a GTY

SSSSSHHHHHHH. I can just hear people getting confused!

What "they" do behind the scenes only complicates the issue.

The point is that if the Line can't put you in the category that you paid for then you get upgraded for free.

If they can put you in the original category, however they arrange that, then you got what you paid for.

The point is that if the Line can't put you in the category that you paid for then you get upgraded for free.

True but some people book a GTY thinking they will get a free upgrade & when they get the CAT they paid for they get upset

:)

Lyn

Archived