Samba Serenade March 9-Insignia

watchwatch

Hi there

This is my first attempt at posting so I hope I am in the right place!!

My husband and I are from Nova Scotia and are actually doing a back to back cruise for the first time.We have just received our Brazilian travel visas and it was a surprisingly painless process.We received our visas two weeks after sending them.Although I was a little leery about sending my passport,we had no problems.

I am just now checking with Expedia regarding hotels in Buenos Aires and am using this site to get ideas.(Thanks everyone!)

This will be our third cruise with Oceania (We were on the Baltic Cruise two years ago on Regatta and on Marina in the Caribbean.) We have travelled with NCL,Royal Caribbean and Windstar and took our first river cruise on the Antoinette with Uniworld.We had great times on them all but have decided that we prefer the smaller ships.

We had actually booked the repositioning cruise when we were on Marina and decided later that we wanted to experience a little more of South America while we were in the neighbourhood.( We are new grandparents so this is going to be a longer time away from home than we usually take!)

I am now going to take the advice of one of the posters and check out the cruise itineraries from an earlier cruise just to get a few ideas.(It has been our experience that Oceania tours are relatively expensive so those of you who are planning private are wise.However Oceania does do a great job and I guess you are paying for peace of mind.) We have often spoken to people,after the fact,who have arranged there own side trips and always say we are going to do that next time.(Maybe this is next time!!!-how do you use those little smilies?!)

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard.

• 1 month later...

Archived