240 day advance excursions or not?

landingsduffer

I have just signed up for our first Regent cruise. My questions concerns the excursions. Is it necessary to upgrade to a concierge level suite to get access to the excursions at 240 days out. Do the tours book up quickly thereby limiting selections for passangers having to wait til 180 days prior to departure. Is it worth the additional $400pp upgrade??

We're first-timers on Regent, and were concerned about booking shore excursions 180 days out as well. When our 180-day window opened, we were able to get all but one of our first choices, but we wait-listed on the excursion that was sold out. One week later, the waitlisted excursion cleared for us.

We booked our first cruise on Regent this year, it’s sailing in May 2012. We booked our excursions 180 days out and I actually waited up till midnight central time when the booking window opens to book mine. Within about 5 minutes every single excursion had booked up. So just as long as you are able to book them at midnight central time on the 180 day mark, you will be fine I think. We personally wouldn’t have paid more just to book earlier but it definitely was worth pre-deciding which excursions and waiting up to book them. Best of luck J

Now that Regent has given the same booking deadlines to all Silver and above Seven Seas Society members there might be some delays in getting the excursions you want when you are allowed to book them 180 days out. However in my experience (I am a Gold SSS) if tours fill, other busses are put on the tours and the wait lists clear... so I would not choose a suite only on the basis of an earlier booking deadline. I would choose the suite because I wanted that particular suite...

We booked our first cruise on Regent this year, it’s sailing in May 2012. We booked our excursions 180 days out and I actually waited up till midnight central time when the booking window opens to book mine. Within about 5 minutes every single excursion had booked up. So just as long as you are able to book them at midnight central time on the 180 day mark, you will be fine I think. We personally wouldn’t have paid more just to book earlier but it definitely was worth pre-deciding which excursions and waiting up to book them. Best of luck J

You may have tried to book too early. I tried to book as soon as it opened at the 180 mark and found only tours you had to pay for. The next morning there were lots of tours. Only one was booked up.

Like an earlier poster, we are first timers with Regent and our cruise happens to be the very first week that the new booking window was opened for concierge level. I was worried, but all worked out well. We got all the excursions we wanted save one, and we are wait listed for that one. If we don't get it, I'm sure we will find something else wonderful to explore that day. All the ports are new to use, so we have lots of options.

Good luck!

Sorry to disagree with earlier posters but I would definitely book the level that gives you the most comfort in advance. Therefore, I would recommend that the OP book a Concierge level if getting certain excursions is a concern. On our current cruise, many excursions were sold out early and I understand that the waitlists did not clear as they are not able to "add buses" in many locations.

We have cruised with Regent three times and I never had a problem booking excursions nor have I booked mine at midnight. I book after I get up in the morning. For our upcoming cruise to Alaska we booked Concierge and we can book 240 days in advance. The date to start booking is today. I booked all the cruises I wanted earlier this morning (around 7:30am). The only cruise I couldn't book is Tracy Arms. Not because is full, but, because it won't allow me to click on it. I'm calling my TA to check on it. I was surprised when I read people saying to book cruises at midnight.

Archived