Whats everyone opinion on spa cabin?

dfcruiser1986

We were in a spa balc on the Magic. It depends what the difference is. In our case, we wanted to use the thalasappy pool, heated chairs, etc. and buying individual passes would have been more expensive.

You get to use the spa (of course), upgraded towels, robes (if you use them), 2 classes (we didn't use them due to port intensive itin) slippers and the soaps/shampoo/conditioner are upgraded, but I didn't think the brand was that good. I continued to use my own products and so did my friend.

I think that's about it...

looking to book a cruise on the breeze for next year. I have never had a spa room before just wondering what everyone thinks? is it worth the extra money?

It is totally up to you, how much will you use it ??? If not that often than its not worth it.

It is always hard to answer a question like this because I have no idea what your finances are, etc. I can tell you that we enjoyed our Spa Balcony cabin on the Magic quite a bit. We went in there nearly everyday of our 12 day cruise. It was great to go there after we got back from touring, etc. It became a routine before we got ready for dinner. Aside from the obvious spa benefits, I loved the room location. It was so easy to get around from up there. It was also very quiet.

Hi MrBug! I'm no expert, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but here is what I've read:

As for seasickness, the lower and more centrally located you are, the less motion you will notice. So if you are concerned about seasickness, then you should look for a cabin on a low deck, and nearer to the center of the ship. Higher, and at either end, you will feel more motion. Some people also say that being able to see the horizon helps to soothe motion sickness, and that fresh air helps, so you could use that logic to justify the expense of a balcony. :)

I also read quite a few recommendations to look at deck plans and take notice of what is located above and below the cabin you are considering. Lots of people have commented that you don't want to be under the pool area or buffet, because the scraping sound of chairs being moved around is noticable. Others comment to avoid being above or below a nightclub. Best is to have just staterooms above and below.

On our only cruise, we were just a few doors down from the main atrium on the Ecstasy. Didn't notice a lot of foot traffic at all or noise from the hallway, except when we were getting ready to leave Cozumel and a bunch of really, really drunk people were getting back on the boat! I think they passed out pretty soon afterward though, and all was quiet again!

Becky

What sort of difference does the location make? IE ease of navigation, busyness of the floors and foot traffic, and the potential for seasickness?

spa balconies on certain ships get amenities where other balconies do not.

this costs like 250. for other cabins to get the spa amenities. (not the robe. slippers etc.)

so if the only difference is 100-200 more I would take it only if it comes with the amenities

Hmmmm, maybe I should take the spa balcony over my Lido balcony on the Breeze (love Lido balconies). It's only 40pp more........

you want to see if those on the spa deck on the breeze include the spa stuff. When I look on the deck plans it looks like it does not.

(it lists different from the Magic

I've never been a believer in the "once you go balcony, you never go back" club. We had a balcony and barely used it. HOWEVER, we had an interior spa cabin this year on the Dream and we will NEVER go back to a regular room. DH and I really liked the thalasso pool and the heated tile loungers, etc. This makes it hard, however, because not that many ships have these facilities!!!

I thought the room location was great. It was really close to the serenity deck where we liked to hang out too. The hallways were also really quiet.

I tend to get seasick. I can't watch video games that have a lot of action because I get nauseous and seasick like symptoms. Previously I had always booked rooms mid ship and mid deck. I was concerned about the far forward spa rooms on the high deck. But I had absolutely zero problems and I didn't even have to take sea sick medicine. I will say, though, that we didn't encounter rough seas.

Just watch that you don't get a room under the gym/aerobics room, etc.

Maggie

If you use the spa facilities alot, yes it's worth it. On the Dream, we went with a spa cabin every time. Doing the same for the Breeze next year. But we used the T-pool and steam rooms every day. I used the spa locker room showers every afternoon when cleaning up for dinner. Better than the cabin showers. If you only want a spa treatment or to use the facilities once, just to try, wait for the day rate once on board. Agree that the bathrobe and slipper upgrade isn't that impressive. I always found the time for the 2 free classes to be inconvenient for what ever else is going on.

Beware, I've seen where people have said they "upgraded" after the original booking and they were allowed to use the amenities in their room but they did not get to use the spa amenities since it was an upgrade. I would call Carnival to clarify.

We had a spa cabin on the Dream and it was quite...dreamy. Quite frankly, we don't want to cruise anymore without having the spa pass which is why we won't be cruising to Alaska with Carnival. We've chosen the HAL Westerdam because it has the same spa amenities. (It's Carnival's sister company).

In your room you will have a robe and slippers which works out great if you want to wear your bathing suit down to the spa. You will have access to the thalasso pool which in our case was never crowded (6 people were there at one time and quickly left!), there were 2 steam rooms with heated tile loungers, a steam room with eucalyptus and a walk through jungle shower. There was a "relaxation" room to enjoy after you went through the other rooms and ultimately dried off. It had lounge chairs and water. You get access to the VIP locker rooms as well which will have extra towels, larger showers and professional hairdryers.

If you can verify that you get a spa pass with it, it's well worth it!

I have no expert opinion on this as I havent gone through it, but it seems like people are confused when they are upgraded to spa cabins, thinking that they are getting the spa ammenities. It seems like you are getting a nicer room on a quieter floor, but not with the spa package as part of it. Booking the spa room from the beginning seems to ensure you get the spa package.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

• 5 weeks later...

I had a spa balcony on the Truimph in December. If we were to want to use the sauna and stuff, it would have been super easy. The few things I didn't like about the room was it was on the top floor at the very front, and everthing seemed to be happening in the lower floors in the back, so it was quite a hoof to get to dinner and the shows and stuff.

Also, Camp Carnival for the kiddos is right there, we weren't too close, but I wouldn't have wanted a room next to it. We only heard one kid scream all week, and it's open really late.

The final negative is when we stood on our balcony, the people looking out from the deck above could see right down on us and were only about 5 feet away.

Archived