C753 or E731 on Emerald

blueridgemama

Going on our first cruise to Southern Caribbean (10 days) . We have E731 already booked but C753 is now available. The difference in price would be $675.00 Would you change cabins?

That's a great choice to have! We've had C753 the last two (and the next two) cruises and we loved it - from the Caribbean to Canada/New England. Sitting on the balcony at all hours of the day (because the ship blocks the wind - which E731 can't provide) was great for us.

If you are balcony people I'd take C753 - if you go out now and then E731 is a great cabin!

E731 is one of the most sought after mini suites on the ship. Whilst I do like aft cabins and would love to have C753, I don't think I would want to pay that much more for it. Stick with what you have. You will have the extra room inside and a balcony outside that is larger than almost all other mini suites.

Paul

E731 is one of the most sought after mini suites on the ship. Whilst I do like aft cabins and would love to have C753, I don't think I would want to pay that much more for it. Stick with what you have. You will have the extra room inside and a balcony outside that is larger than almost all other mini suites.

Paul

But the balcony on E731 is only as good as the weather!

We have always tried to book E731 when we can and had E728 booked for Hawaii. With that said, we had an aft balcony on our last cruise and absolutely loved it. In fact, when we got back, my husband wanted to give up the extra space of the mini for the aft balcony! If you like to use your balcony, it is much more usable. It can be very windy on E731. On our last cruise, we had to move our UBD inside,

With that said, either way is good. I would really be happy with either cabin.:)

I did look at that thread but wasn't sure if the Sapphire and the Emerald were alike. I have read reviews of both cabins and am still undecided. Some reviews have said that the aft balconys can be very hot, especially in the Caribbean and some reviews have said that E731 can be too windy. C753 is $675 less than E731. I just checked and C753 is still available so I will have to decide quickly. Thank you all for your input:)

I haven't sailed in E731 but no some who have. They didn't have trouble with the wind so I think it just depends on the sailing and particular day. I would stay with the mini-suite and that lovely wrap around balcony. I love the extra room in a mini and if I was going to book an Emerald mini I would always try for the one you have.:)

I haven't sailed in E731 but no some who have. They didn't have trouble with the wind so I think it just depends on the sailing and particular day. I would stay with the mini-suite and that lovely wrap around balcony. I love the extra room in a mini and if I was going to book an Emerald mini I would always try for the one you have.:)

Thank you. I have decided to stay with E731 and be grateful that I was able to get such a great cabin and balcony for my first cruise. If we decide to cruise again then maybe I will try for an aft cabin. Merry Christmas:)

I've been following this discussion with interest, since we are in the same dilemma on Crown. We have C752 booked and discovered that E731 is available for about $220 pp more.

We think we've decided to keep the cabin we have, although the extra space in a mini would be nice. We find C752 appealing because it appears that the balcony is more square in shape and also is glass all around, rather than in one section. We hope to do the UBD one evening and think the more square-shaped balcony might better accommodate 4 adults. Any thoughts?

Maybe these aren't the best cabins on the ship, but they're the best value for the money. If you're worried about getting sunburned or just don't like sitting in the sun, these balconies are completely covered so there's always some shade. Plus there's none of the wind you get on the side balconies when the ship is moving. So it is usuable just about anytime throughout the cruise.

A couple of other advantages: they're corner cabins, with other passengers only on one side, and they sort of have their own private hallway leading to the door, so they're nice and quiet with no one running by. And the balcony is open on two sides rather than one.

The balcony is probably no bigger than any other Caribe balcony. It's very comfortable for 4, and I'm going to host a little pre-dinner party for 9 on it, and I think we'll all fit just fine.

The only downside is that the cabins themselves are a little darker because of the large covered balcony.

I have been sailed 3 times in E731 once in E730 and once in C753. We booked C753 to find out what everyone was talking about. We preferred E731 over C753. We felt it got too hot to enjoy the balony many times on C753. My husband also missed watching pulling into port, side views, etc. With E731 you have a side and aft view. Our upcoming cruise we are back to E731. You will LOVE that cabin. We hardly ever had wind problems but then I enjoy an ocean breeze!

I've been following this discussion with interest, since we are in the same dilemma on Crown. We have C752 booked and discovered that E731 is available for about $220 pp more.

We think we've decided to keep the cabin we have, although the extra space in a mini would be nice. We find C752 appealing because it appears that the balcony is more square in shape and also is glass all around, rather than in one section. We hope to do the UBD one evening and think the more square-shaped balcony might better accommodate 4 adults. Any thoughts?

We have stayed in both and have decided we prefer C752/753 for the larger, square rear facing balcony. (And the aft view, which we LOVE!!!!) The balcony in E731 is very long but narrow. For us it would be a second choice if the Caribe balconies weren't available.

I think for your purposes (UBD) you are better off with C752.

Try E731 on another trip so you can judge for yourself.

Archived