Just back - Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour - Nativeway

newbiecruiser54

We rented a Jeep for the day in Cozumel and weren't totally planning on stopping at Punta Sur, but we had the time, and it was so gorgeous! Only cost $6 to take the tour that drove us in an open-air truck to the lighthouse, ruin, and crocodile lagoon, and it was fun (we were the only Americans). The surf was gorgeous there and on the east side of Cozumel.

I posted this on another thread also,sorry!:o

Setcarp, I see you were on the navigator, we'll be on the rhapsody in sept., did you book this through rccl? If you did which excursion is it? I looked at them and i couldn't find one with rum point!:confused:

Thanks for your help!!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

How long does it usually take for Sharon to get back w/you? I emailed a reservation request a couple days ago and have not received a reply yet. I wonder if I should just call?? We just booked our cruise last minute and will be in GC 5/31. I would really LOVE to do the 3R's!

• 1 month later...

Hi Lurker--saw your post and we are on the same cruise. We were also going to do that GC tour and I was wondering if you had trouble dialing the number listed? I can't seem to get through to Nativeway, keep getting a busy signal.

First time posting hope this works.....

Thank you, Newbiecruiser54

You have no idea how much I appreciate your review and the pics are so good I think you should be a photographer.

We’ll be in Grand Cayman on Sep. and I would like to book with the Native way. I have sent them an email a couple of days ago and still no response so now I don’t know what to think.

Hi Everyone - Just back yesterday from the Carnival Triumph. Hated the ship, but loved our tour in Grand Cayman!

We were met at the dock by Nativeway, holding a sign, and waited about 30 minutes for all parties to arrive. We then were driven by bus about 15 minutes to the dock, where we were separated into two groups, those going on the shorter tour, and our group. Only 15 people on our boat. Many more on the shorter tour. Our captain, Chris, and assistant, Charlie, were polite, helpful and taught us a lot during the day.

Headed first to Stingray City, which was packed with boats. Chris found a quieter area, and we got our masks and snorkels and got in. Only comment was that anyone who isn't a great swimmer should wear a lifevest as water was really choppy and deeper until we got a little farther onto the sandbar about 30 yards away. Charlie caught a stingray and we took turns holding and kissing the ray, and had plenty of time for pictures. Then we were given pieces of squid to feed the rays - lots of fun! We had 30-45 minutes with the rays, then got back on the boat and traveled a short distance to Coral Gardens for snorkeling. Saw some pretty fish, but not that incredible.

We then traveled to Rum Point Beach for lunch and relaxation - we had 2 hours there, which was really nice - a beautiful beach. We had traditional Jerk Pork, but they had typical American fare too (burgers, etc.). Quiet, relaxing beach with lots of chairs and hammocks and shallow swimming area. Volleyball for the teens.

Headed back and bus got us to pier just in time to join the massive line back to the ship!

We loved this tour and I thought it the highlight of the cruise. Grand Cayman was beautiful - the water color indescribable.

We have reservations for the Stingray City Sandbar and Coral Gardens tour with Nativeway in Sept. But you make this tour sound so great........how long is this tour and what is the cost. I just might email Sharon and see if I can change my reservation to this one. I don't see the times or price listed on the website.

Thanks in advance!

if anyone can help?

Will be in grand cayman during xmas, interested in stingray sandbar tour. Researched some sites and read recommendations for nativeway tour operators.

I am an inexperienced swimmer, but the rest of the family are pretty strong, would going to the stingray sandbar be a wise idea (rought waters, deep water)? What was your experienced like using this tour operators compared to others. Would you recommend some one else?

Just back myself from the voyager of the seas and we booked a tour with nativeway, for the rays, reef and rum point beach. It was truly paradise.

My whole family and friends that went with us agreed that this tour was the highlight of our trip.

swimming with the stingrays is not a problem as you are standing in waist water.

I believe the cost was $55.00 for adults and $40.00 for children under 10.

we alll can't wait to go back to this island.

Archived