Enforcing Age Requirements on Excursions

CruisingSoon88

I'm just curious how strict Carnival is with enforcing the minimum age listed on their excursions. For example my DS will be 3 1/2 when we sail in May and most of the excursions we would consider start at 4. Its no biggie as private operators have cheaper options that he can do because they start at 3. Just for my future information, what are your experiences with this? Thanks!:D

I'm just curious how strict Carnival is with enforcing the minimum age listed on their excursions. For example my DS will be 3 1/2 when we sail in May and most of the excursions we would consider start at 4. Its no biggie as private operators have cheaper options that he can do because they start at 3. Just for my future information, what are your experiences with this? Thanks!:D

The only thing I could suggest is to TRY and book your son. If it goes through no worries.

It really is not CCL restriction but rather the actual tour operator's policy.

It has to do with their insurance carriers.

I have found if you book them online, they have the ages and will not let you, but if booking them on the ship through the excursion desk, they don't ask who the tickets are for and will book them. I even asked about a snorkel excursion for my then 7 yr, 8 mth granddaughter (who has snorkeled MANY times), which had a minimum age of 8, and they told me no problem.

We booked our 2yr old son on a Belize excursion that had a higher age restriction. We booked it at the Shore Excursion desk aboard the ship AFTER the agent at the desk told us that our son would be accepted with absolutely no issues (he was right).

However, he told us that our son would be too small for Roatan's Magic Chair, but once we got there, we walked to the Magic Chair, they checked his height and allowed him to ride once they confirmed that he met the requirements.

Very - The booking engine will not allow you to book someone who is no the minimum age, there is no way to get around it until you are on the ship and then you risk the excursion being sold out.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

As others have said, check with the excursion desk once aboard. The restrictions are with the tour operators. We did a helmet dive when my niece was not even 2 at the time. We knew that she wasn't going to be doing the dive, but we needed her to be with us on the boat. The excursion desk contacted the helmet dive excursion operator and they said no problem.

Archived