Epic Pub Crawl

fsuhockette

It was posted here before that the pub crawls were cancelled because of an incident on another NCL ship. Welcome to the world of civil lawyers.

People are no longer responsible for their behavior and blame and sue anyone they can for their lack of judgment.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a search and can't find the post that says why pub crawls are cancelled. Does anyone know more about this? We really enjoyed it on our last Epic cruise (didn't feel like it was "out of control" at all) and met some cool people. I was looking forward to it on our upcoming revisit to the Epic...

I had read that the pub crawls were not being held anymore on NCL but no sooner than I saw this, recent sailers said that yes, they did participate. Not sure what to believe.

The reason supposedly they were discontinued had to do with the link below.

full story:

http://www.maritimelawblog.net/2011/06/brais-brais-files-rape-sexual.html

Welcome to the world of civil lawyers

No one is responsible for their own behavior today

I love how the article reads " NCL employess took the passengers to bar after bar and encouraged them to drink excessively"

It makes it sound like they were held at gun point to walk to bar after bar or something. There is no mention that the passengers SIGNED UP, paid for the event, and wanted to and actively participated in the event.

Welcome to the world of civil lawyers

No one is responsible for their own behavior today

I love how the article reads " NCL employess took the passengers to bar after bar and encouraged them to drink excessively"

It makes it sound like they were held at gun point to walk to bar after bar or something. There is no mention that the passengers SIGNED UP, paid for the event, and wanted to and actively participated in the event.

Exactly!

Well after just being on NCL Pearl December 18-25th, there was a pub crawl (later on in the week) and a LOT Of people participated. If anyone has any other information on the cancelling of the pub crawls, please share!

Our M&G group arranged our own pub crawl. NCL was nice enough to have a bartender follow along with our group though, so our #'s didn't overwhelm any particular bar. We had a huge roll call for our particular sailing and they were very generous with what they did do for us so perhaps that helped a little with the 'private' pub crawl negotiations:D

• 11 months later...

The pub crawl definitely happens on the Epic. On our sailing, we had two. The first was held on embarkation night as a way to meet others. Started at 9 p.m. A second was held later in the week during a sea day, i.e. that evening.

It was reported that pub crawls were dead and gone but that is not accurate. The case in question was with the NCL Sun, not Epic. A woman said she was raped in a restroom while participating in the crawl.

• 3 weeks later...
The pub crawl definitely happens on the Epic. On our sailing, we had two. The first was held on embarkation night as a way to meet others. Started at 9 p.m. A second was held later in the week during a sea day, i.e. that evening.

It was reported that pub crawls were dead and gone but that is not accurate. The case in question was with the NCL Sun, not Epic. A woman said she was raped in a restroom while participating in the crawl.

I'm hoping for a pub crawl when I board the Jewel in Feb. If it's not offered, I'm sure no one in my roll call would even want to plan or participate. It's the most boring roll call I've ever seen. (and so far only 2 pages long.. pathetic.)

I just hope the roll call participants are in no way a reflection on the rest of the passengers!

I'm hoping for a pub crawl when I board the Jewel in Feb. If it's not offered, I'm sure no one in my roll call would even want to plan or participate. It's the most boring roll call I've ever seen. (and so far only 2 pages long.. pathetic.)

I just hope the roll call participants are in no way a reflection on the rest of the passengers!

Haha, so is mine, I'm doing Epic in March and my roll call is a snooze fest!

For those who have participated in Pub Crawls on the Epic can you provide actual dates you sailed? There definitely was not a pub crawl on Dec 3, 2011 Sailing nor Dec 2, 2012 Sailing so I am interested to know when recently they were held.

For those who have participated in Pub Crawls on the Epic can you provide actual dates you sailed? There definitely was not a pub crawl on Dec 3, 2011 Sailing nor Dec 2, 2012 Sailing so I am interested to know when recently they were held.

Jan 5-12, 2013 - NO PUB CRAWL on Epic. I looked daily. We did enjoy the martini tastings and had waaaaaaaaaaaay more than our 4 included martinis. The bartender walked around and topped off our glasses repeatedly.

No pub crawl on Jan 19 Epic sailing, but there was a martini clinic twice ($15 for 4 martinis - although they gave us 5+), margarita tasting twice, and an "international beer" tasting. The worst thing is that the events are in the afternoon like 2 or 3pm, so you're hungover by dinnertime :eek:

Nor on the 1/12 sailing. They do have the tastings in the same day so you could do your own :) I did the margarita tasting and 2 couples were doing just that.

On our Jewel sailing, the pub crawl was a mess. Someone climbed to the top of the light fixtures outside the pool. It's a shame but some people have to get stupid and ruin it.

Archived