Character Breakfast Allure

Ariel35

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been to the character breakfast? Is it worth doing? Also... are ppl allowed to attend more than once? I'm just afraid that if I take my kids one morning, they will want to go every morning!!

I wouldn't do it again unless my grandchildren forced me to:D. But ours was on the Freedom, so maybe Allure does it better.

We are going on the Freedom again in the spring, this time without grandchildren, so no character breakfast for us!

Sherri:)

ours on the allure was ok. we learned that there are different dream works characters...we happened to get the madagascar characters. while cute, i think my kids would have preferred shrek. oh well. breakfast was fine. to be honest, it was the only breakfast we ate in the MDR all week, so i can't compare it to the regular breakfast. kids liked the waffles with all kinds of sugar on top. :)

i wished that professional photographers came around to snap pics of the kids (and us) with the characters. it was purely a take-your-own photo thing. certainly not the end of the world, but it was a little hard to sit back and enjoy the characters and interaction while eating breakfast and constantly having to play camera-person as well...and looking back, none of our pics really came out so great from that breakfast either!

We went to them with our children in March (in my head I'm remembering 3...but there may have only been 2). We're glad we did it, the kids really enjoyed it. We enjoyed the breakfast options, and the character interaction was great. Puss in Boots even came back to our table when he noticed that our then 3 year old was back from his potty break....didn't want him to miss out. The penguins did fun poses for us too.

We've done the character breakfasts on both the Allure and the Liberty. On both ships, the characters came out one at a time, they did a little dance to music and then posed with people at every table. There was a shipboard photographer who took pictures that you could purchase later, but they were also willing to take a photo with your camera as well. You can book every breakfast if you like. The menu contains a lot of chocolate items -- chocolate muffins, chocolate chip pancakes, etc -- in addition to more traditional fare. Oh, and you can order a chocolate milkshake. Yum!

I actually thought that the character breakfast was done better on the Liberty because the venue was smaller, the staff did an extended dance with the character, and it was a faster breakfast. On the Allure, it takes a longer time for the character to make the rounds and to order/get your food. But, it still wasn't an overly long breakfast and was still fun.

There were 3 character breakfasts on the Allure when we went back in September, at 8 am, on each sea day. The same is true for our upcoming cruise on the Allure in February 2012. You can make advance reservations online once the specialty restaurant reservations open up. There is no charge.

Archived