Funnel Funatics' Three Saints and a Miracle 12/4-12/11 WOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

Wow we got another couple hundred pics to look through:eek::p just in time for our port days!

We had three ports in a row on this itinerary, our saints!! St Maarten, St Lucia, and St Kitts!! For some of us, St M is an old friend, and St L/St K were a new adventure! We were in these ports from 8-9AM to 4-5PM so all had great options for activities!!

In St Maarten, about 17 of us opted to go straight to he...oh no, straight to Sunset Beach Bar at Maho Beach...no one except me and Mama had been there before:p Others opted for tour with Cosul (?) and met us at Maho during their tour.

To get us to Maho took some research for taxis, I had quotes of everywhere from $40pp roundtrip to $25pp roundtrip, pay in advance, ettc etc etc....then I found Genesis Taxi and they quoted $16 round trip for two vans, pay when you return from Maho, sweeeeeeet!!! We made it $20pp to include gratuities for the drivers and we had it reserved WOOOOHOO!!!

When we debarked and headed past the pier gates, we met our drivers Alaina and Ivan in front of the Information Bldg right past the gate and opposite Sharky's little bar if you know that area...the vans were clean and cool, and we maneuvered through the construction going on:eek: We made it to Maho in about an hour going and 45 minutes returning. The trip there was about 20 minutes longer than past trips due to the construction. They came and got us in the Sunset Bar as we forgot our time to be out front for the return trip, oooops:p

It was a great service and I would recommend them without hesitation! Just search Genesis Taxi St Maarten:D

Sunset Beach Bar is my favorite place in St Maarten these days...I will wait to get the pics up to show you why!!

We were pulling into St Maarten at 9EST, 10 local time...along with a few other ships, I think we had four in with us that day...

We were on the balcony watching our arrival on a beautiful morning!

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

St Maarten is one of my top favorite ports...we have on past trips gone over to Orient Beach, Waikiki is a fabulous bar/restaurant there, we've toured around the island, and we've spent time on the promenade in Phillipsburg which is right near where you get off the ship...but my favorite place to be is Sunset Beach Bar at Maho...if you've never been, it's a sight to see and you never forget it!!

Maho beach is right at the foot of the runway of Princess Juliana Airport, and when you are there from about noon to 2, there is some fun to be had! Sunset Beach has music, great food, and is right on the beach with a perfect view of the action...pretty soon we were having excellent shrimp and Caribs, and dancing away while we waited for the main events...Here are some pics....

Well like I said, the Genesis drivers came into the Sunset and rounded us up at 2:30, our desired return time:D We went back to the pier area and some ran around for a while and some went for a nap:p;)

I have to put in this year's version of the rat stoppers:eek:

386124_2715871972687_1133599153_32990901_2134795062_n.jpg

384099_2715871652679_1133599153_32990899_922500440_n.jpg

Some of you may remember I first saw these (black and white cats on that one) a few cruises back for the first time and I look for them now lol!!! They come in many varieties!! CCL's are just orange plates though...

IMG_3980.jpgAnd here it beginns,the true rouge wave.Thath think knocked me doen and rolled me al over the place.In caase you cant tell,there is a very sharp droppoff.Musta have ,eleft Maho with 20 lbs of sand in my britcces.But it thats ths worst thing that happeneed,wL i had a sweet day

IMG_3980.jpgAnd here it beginns,the true rouge wave.Thath think knocked me doen and rolled me al over the place.In caase you cant tell,there is a very sharp droppoff.Musta have ,eleft Maho with 20 lbs of sand in my britcces.But it thats ths worst thing that happeneed,wL i had a sweet day

LOL! Exactly what happened to me in Antigua last month...all I could think of was that it really WAS a rogue wave...brought back such funny memories of Floatie in HMC!:D

LOL! Exactly what happened to me in Antigua last month...all I could think of was that it really WAS a rogue wave...brought back such funny memories of Floatie in HMC!:D

I have no idea what you are talking about...that rough surf at HMC will get ya every time:eek::p:rolleyes:

Hey that happened to me at Jolly Beach in Antigua too!:D

ahhh sweet - brings back memories - they had awesome painkillers and ribs.

Funniest thing, on the way I said I'm ready for a painkiller and the taxi driver said "we can stop at the pharmacy and get some " I cracked up - he thought I meant pills lol.

Funniest thing, on the way I said I'm ready for a painkiller and the taxi driver said "we can stop at the pharmacy and get some " I cracked up - he thought I meant pills lol.

Hahahaaa!! Sounds more like MX!!

Well guys, I am stopping for the holiday preps here, too busy to write, and I think everybody's too busy to participate:D

I have no idea what you are talking about...that rough surf at HMC will get ya every time:eek::p:rolleyes:

Hey that happened to me at Jolly Beach in Antigua too!

Yeah, they should have warnings at HMC for sure!;):p

LOL!! Now that's funny!!!

Hahahaaa!! Sounds more like MX!!

Well guys, I am stopping for the holiday preps here, too busy to write, and I think everybody's too busy to participate

Will be patiently waiting! Merry Christmas!:)

Yeah, they should have warnings at HMC for sure!;):p

LOL!! Now that's funny!!!

Will be patiently waiting! Merry Christmas!:)

Linda, looks like you're the only one around this evening. I made it to Georgia to visit the kids without any problems. Yeah>> Have a Merry Christmas. Lois

Linda, looks like you're the only one around this evening. I made it to Georgia to visit the kids without any problems. Yeah>> Have a Merry Christmas. Lois

Yup, I'm here! The kids are with their Dad's family until later so Dave and I are just chilling:) Glad you made the trip safely! Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, too!:D

Well jump right in dont be shy.Most magiacal thing about this group,we all met an cruises at various times,.It seems to work for us,primarily because we like to have funand if conditions are less than stellar,we make our own fun .and new friends are a bonus,We are also land visiting friends ,to tide us over.Its a diverse group,never a dull moment unless you need one.There are a few of us who dont post,very trusting souls Id say,So think about it we would love to have yall with us,Bonnie.

P.S. Floatie has turned into an awesome leader,ueah,we do a lot of group scheming but she is constantly suprising us

Archived