Grand Princess closets

TwinCruiserMom

You can see the size of a Grand inside cabin closet in the photo below.

2318874260016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh good, you have a picture of the tiny closet! I did not take a picture and was mad at myself for not doing so.

Look at how small the top shelf is. Only the lifejackets and then the pool towels fit. This gives a good scale of how small it really is.

We always put a bunch of things on the top shelf of the big grand class closets and this one had no room at all.

Like I said in my original post, it is a fine closet for a 7 day cruise for 2 people who are relatively light packers. Our neighbor had 2 adults and 2 children, and when their door was open for cleaning, you could see the closet area was just stuffed with clothes and belongings. I would definitely think twice about this arrangement if you have more than 2 in the room.

The bathroom is not noticeably bigger. Actually, it is the floor room from the toilet to the vanity that is bigger and that is not useful at all. The shower is a tiny bit bigger. The vanity is not as wide as the other grand class and the shelf underneath is set back and difficult to access. The sink bowl is at least double the size.

Frankly I like the skinnier vanity and smaller sink of the bigger grand class ships. It is much roomier in width and the mirror area is bigger and brighter. The undershelf is longer and easy to access and is a great place to store things you do not use daily.

It looks like they made the Grand Princess and then threw away the mold and started over :) It is a nice ship and has benefits over the larger grand class, but it has its flaws and storage is a major one.

I hope this information is useful to someone planning a cruise on the Grand.

Actually, yes, it is useful to me. In April, we are going on Princess for the first time....on a 2 week TA in a regular balcony on the Grand. I'm glad you posted this because I'm sure DW won't like it. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to use the laundry more. :(

Or, i can just hope for a price decrease and ugrade to a mini-suite. ;)

Archived