Help: Cruising in 2 wks, Carnival metal crib size!

sandy18

Hi!

We have been on carnival before with our 2 year old twins when they were 14 months. We used their metal cribs and it was fine.

Now that they are 27 months, I am not sure if they will fit in the crib. They are average for their age and we still use the pack and plays when we travel and they have no problems.

Because we have twins, who don't eat very well, we have to carry tons of stuff when we travel and the pack and plays just add to the list. It would be a handful to carry the 2 pack and plays and the twins when we disembark.

My question is: Does the regular pack and play sheet fit perfectly or is it big on the mattress? Also, anyone who has had a 2 year old, are the railings very low?

I used a regular pack and play sheet for the metal crib last time, but I cannot recall if it fit perfectly or if it was big on the metal crib mattress. If it fits perfectly then I know that they should be fine with the crib.

They still have not figured out how to climb out of their cribs at home. We would really like to keep it this way, since I know that my DS will be all over the house otherwise. He can be up every night until midnight unless you put him in his crib.

Thank you in advance for your help. We really need this vacation to go well!

Can't help with your specific question, but there are sheet clamps that will work to keep a sheet "tight" on a mattress....most Wal-marts have them, and all bedding stores will carry them...they look like old-fashioned stocking garters on either end of an elastic band. If a sheet is loose or ill-fitting, it sure helps to keep things snug! They attach UNDER the mattress corners.

Here is the info from Carnival-maybe you can Google the manufacturer and find out the size:

Cribs

Holiday Crib (folding metal portable crib)

Made exclusively for L.A Baby, Inc.

Product #82

I have a picture of my son in their crib at 9 months old if you would like me to post it. He will use the crib again at 15/16 months and I am concerned he will be too big, but I am not hauling the PNP! I do remember the crib being much more narrow then his crib at home. I bought my own PNP sheet but the steward folded a regular bed sheet around the crib pad and it worked fine

That's darn smart Jinxy. :D I believe this is it:

Holiday Commercial Crib: (#82)

Institutional Quality folding ( 23" x 38) metal crib.

Comes fully assembled. Folds away for easy storage.

Meets new CPSC non-full size crib regulations, and more stringent ASTM #2710 Commercial Crib Standard

Easy to clean; scratch resistant non-toxic powder coat finish

Available in gloss-white or silver ChromaCoat color

2" Vinyl covered, California FR Mattress included.

Braced leg construction assures lateral rigidity in transport

Features exclusive, "Lock-down," safety floor system.

Easy to roll room-to-room, folded or open, on Double Width H-D swivel casters.

Bilingual instructions in English and Spanish

About 1/2 way down: http://www.lababyco.com/cribs.htm

PnP seems to be 29x40, so the sheet would fit with some tuck in, which I think is our experience.

Standard crib mattress is 51 5/8 inches long and 27 1/4

We just cruised with twins standard-sized 2YOs and there was no issue (aside from having 2 cribs in the room...) I don't think they grow quite so quickly at this age, so I wouldn't expect any problem.

The sides are pretty high. Higher than a PnP, I'd wager. Ours haven't climbed out of any crib yet, but I think the metal would be somewhat more difficult due to lack of friction (as opposed to wood).

PS: wax the rails!

Thank you both so much! You are the best!

Believe it or not I have been stressing over this. I've worried about disembarking with the kids, their bags, strollers and 2 pack & plays.

I think that they will definitely work.

PS. I will be packing the wax for those side rails:eek:

Archived