NCL shore excursions

khut

New to NCL...except for a LONG ago sailing on the Norway:)

Just wondering if there is a (price) advantage to pre-booking from home versus while on the ship? Usually book private excursions but DH diving excursions are no savings due to added taxi fares.

I know for Hawaii they discount their top excursions by about $10 examples are their Luau and Road to Hana but of course there over priced to begin with. But for those that have had the fear of god put into them about booking off ship excursions and missing the boat, I guess it's a double savings because your saving the $10 but more importantly not spending an hour in a line on board.

I was thinking the same thing. I was surprised a few days ago when I booked a couple of shore excursions for a cruise 11 months from now that NCL is now billing your credit card immediately when they take the reservation. Formerly they just took the reservation and the charge was put on your on board account. This is a big investiment prior to the cruise. But then, other cruiselines do it this way, charging before you take the excursions.

There may not be a price advantage, but popular ones sell out and may not be available if you wait till you get on the ship to book.

NCL is joining most of the other cruise lines now charging when you book. Now they know you are serious if you are going to be paying in advance for them, rather than reserving multiple excursions and then canceling later. I liked not having a big bill when I got off the Gem because my excursions were all pre-paid.

i dont like the new system because i had always reserved excursions far in advance but liked not having to pay for....our 3 week next year i will wait probably to reserve on the ship--possibly the only one i will book is the post cruise excursion to the airport.

I was thinking the same thing. I was surprised a few days ago when I booked a couple of shore excursions for a cruise 11 months from now that NCL is now billing your credit card immediately when they take the reservation. Formerly they just took the reservation and the charge was put on your on board account. This is a big investiment prior to the cruise. But then, other cruiselines do it this way, charging before you take the excursions.

I too was surprised at the new policy for booking shore excursions:eek: I just consider this one more reason to use CC to find ideas & book excursions directly thus cutting out the cruise line:cool:

Archived