Paris Hotels

ILoveScotland

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel in Paris? I would probably stay four nights and take the train to Southern France and on to Barcelona where I'll board the Grandeur of the Seas for a transatlantic cruise home.

I am a woman "of a certain age" and will be alone. However, I have spent time in other cities alone and am comfortable doing that.

Thanks for any advice.

Not sure this is what you are looking for, but we really love a relatively small hotel that is located in a residential area of the 5th. It is run by two ladies (Madame and her daughter) and is a popular place experienced travelers looking for a reasonbly priced place a bit off the main streets. Its only a few blocks to the Blvd St Germain and about 1 1/2 blocks to the Metro. There is no A/C (at least not the last time we were in the place) and some of the rooms are small..but cute. The place is called the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles (google the place).

Hank

Not sure this is what you are looking for, but we really love a relatively small hotel that is located in a residential area of the 5th. It is run by two ladies (Madame and her daughter) and is a popular place experienced travelers looking for a reasonbly priced place a bit off the main streets. Its only a few blocks to the Blvd St Germain and about 1 1/2 blocks to the Metro. There is no A/C (at least not the last time we were in the place) and some of the rooms are small..but cute. The place is called the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles (google the place).

Hank

Thanks, I'll look it up.

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel in Paris? I would probably stay four nights and take the train to Southern France and on to Barcelona where I'll board the Grandeur of the Seas for a transatlantic cruise home.

I am a woman "of a certain age" and will be alone. However, I have spent time in other cities alone and am comfortable doing that.

Thanks for any advice.

I do not know if one would say reasonably priced,but for the location and the area IMHO one cannot beat it and I have been to Paris alone before...it is the Hotel Scribe.There is another (smaller) one I have stayed in as well,but hard to find and to get to IMHO...I think it was the Queen Elizabeth...will check for the name. There are so many hotles where one can stay...here is another one I just had boiokmarked,but I have not stayed there.

http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

To IloveScotland, I am just beginning to plan a trip for fall. I will be leaving Barcelona from a cruise and going to Paris. Easyjet has some very good prices for a flight, if you wanted to fly down to Barcelona instead of taking the train. Just thought I'd pass that along to you. I too am looking for a hotel, so thanks to all for the suggestions.

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Muguet, small well run by a couple of brothers I think, near many nice restaurants, the Rue Cler area and the Effiel Tower. We were there four nights this last summer. Also check on Trip Advisor, that is how we found HM.

Three years ago we stayed at the Citadines Hotel. It is located right on the Seine River, in the St Germain de Pres neighborhood . You can get a room with a kitchenette which is great for preparing a few meals-and it is located just on the outskirts of the St Germain shopping district, which was fabulous and included a little grocery store, fruit market, bakeries. We would do the rounds, gather some stuff for a little dinner and go back to the hotel to eat "picnic style". There is a small but significant church in the neighborhood and you can walk to the Notre Dame Cathedral in about 10 minutes, the Louvre too. There is a bus that runs just across the road for easy access to other areas of Paris and there is a tour company located just on the other side of the Louvre, about a 15 minute walk at the most, if you want to organize tours outside or around Paris. Also, the street is lined with traditional and non traditional booksellers, art dealers, flea market sellers!

Archived