Beer and other drinks

marek165

On Norwegian Dawn Feb 5 2012. How much is beer aboard the ship. I heard of beer buckets or beer program. How much is it and what is it.

How come we have to pay for sodas. What about juices?

Do we have to pay for wine / sodas in the MDR's or specialty dining rooms?

What can you drink if none of this is available. Is it only water?

We are first timers and thought that some of this was included. We are first timers and I know there are allot of questions but I just can't get my mind around this

Beer is generally from $4.95 to $5.50 depending. Bucket...you get six bottles for the price of five.

Sodas I believe $2.25 (you can bring your own on board if you wish). If you drink a lot of soda, then you can purchase a unlimited soda card.

Juices available at breakfast for free.

Yes, you pay for wine and sodas in MDR. (you can bring your own wine on board for a $15 per bottle fee).

Charge for bottle water. However, ships water is excellent. Many folks bring a bottle or two on board and when empty just refill from ships water.

Cruising is still a great deal even with paying extra for these items. Just have to budget for them if you use them.

Milk (at breakfast) coffee and tea all day, free.

Charging extra for soda, beer and wine is typical for cruise lines. They are not free anywhere, anytime. For about $50 you can buy a soda card that gets you unlimited fountain sodas on the ship for a week, if you're that into soda. You can also carry a case of soda on board with you if you want.

Free on the ships are water (which is excellent), iced tea, tea and coffee. At breakfast you can usually also get milk, orange juice and sometimes apple juice. Beer is generally about $6 per bottle, similar to city bars. Soda machines are about $2.50 for a 20oz bottle if you only drink "some" soda.

Hope that helps

(Sorry Roger, you posted while I was still typing) :)

On Norwegian Dawn Feb 5 2012. How much is beer aboard the ship. I heard of beer buckets or beer program. How much is it and what is it.

We are first timers and thought that some of this was included. We are first timers and I know there are allot of questions but I just can't get my mind around this

sdmike is correct in saying "Charging extra for soda, beer and wine is typical for cruise lines. They are not free anywhere, anytime."

Only the expensive luxury lines such as Regent and Crystal include those drinks in the price of the cruise. You'll find that the others -- HAL, RCI,

Carnival, Princess, Oceania -- all charge for soda and liquor. Cruises are

all-inclusive for food and entertainment, but not for drinks.

Marek165 -

Please follow this link to join the conversation with others that will be on the same sailing with you. We will be on this cruise. Just let us know if you would like to be included in the Meet and Greet which has been planned. Lots of friendly people on the roll call for this cruise with lots of information. The meet and Greet is a not to be missed event to meet some fellow CC members and staff of the ship. Join us - we already have about 62 members that plan an hour get together on the first sea day. Join us - you won't be sorry! Happy Holidays!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362839

Kaye

Was on the Pearl Nov. 27/Dec. 4th Bucket of Heiniken (6- 12 oz. brews) $28.46 including 15% gratuity.

If you are booked in a Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners suite, or a Garden Villa Suite, "I can only comment on those rooms because that is all that I book I am not aware of the other suites." your Butler will replenish soda's and juices in your room only so it is included in your cruise price, you also get 3 bottles of alcohol and or wine with those cabins.

If you have Wine in those cabins you can request to have your Butler serve those bottles only to any dining room for your dinner if you did not finish them at your dinner you can have those bottles returned to your room and have them brought to your table at other times.

Archived