Rodeway Inn Miami Airport

Roscoe13

I just found this on LMT for only $80 per night for a pre-cruise stay. While the price is great in relation to the location (not far from the POM), I haven't been able to pull the trigger to book it after reading all the negative reviews on Trip Advisor.

I always take all reviews with a grain of salt, but most reviewers are adamant that this place is unsanitary and not up to even two star standards.

My question: Has anyone stayed here recently?

I think that I would give more credence to reviewers here on CC than on Trip Advisor.

TIA:)

I have not stayed there but frequently drive past it. Rather tired looking. Just some fast food in the area with not much doing in the evening. Is it that much cheaper than other airport hotels?

By looking on the map, it appears to be closer to the POM than MIA. I would guess no more than maybe three miles from POM. Even though they offer a free shuttle to the cruise port I would call a taxi and being that close to the port would mean a cheaper, quicker taxi ride. That's what makes the $80 price very attractive.

I can put up with a lot in the name of frugality but cleanliness and security are items that I can't sacrifice.

Im guessing this is for Valor?? In Feb, which explains why $80 seems like a deal. Other times of the year, $80 would buy you a really nice hotel.

If you stayed there, I would do their shuttle. I was next to a Rodeway in Ft. Lauderdale who also offers a free cruise shuttle and most people are happy with that one.

Some areas in Miami though just are not the safest.

Im guessing this is for Valor?? In Feb, which explains why $80 seems like a deal. Other times of the year, $80 would buy you a really nice hotel.

If you stayed there, I would do their shuttle. I was next to a Rodeway in Ft. Lauderdale who also offers a free cruise shuttle and most people are happy with that one.

Some areas in Miami though just are not the safest.

Yes, the Valor for Feb. 2012. Not too much out there that is inexpensive.

I think I'm going to rule out the Rodeway Inn and now I'm looking at the Continental Bayside for $119 a night.

Archived