No room assignment

sunny delight

We are leaving on the Liberty on 2/18. We originally booked an OV for 3 but 3 weeks ago we revised it to 4 people so we had to move rooms. My TA told me she would have the room assignment soon but still nothing. Should I be concerned about no room assignment? I called my TA last week and left her a vm but have not heard back, maybe she is off for the holidays?

I don't use a TA - and your experience is one reason why. A voice mail should be returned by any professional within 24 hours max - actually it should be returned the same day. If the TA is taking time off, the VM message should tell you that and also give an emergency number (like a cell phone number) or at least contact info for whoever is covering for him/her while out of touch. It's too easy to book online to bother with a TA for me and Carnival won't even deal with you directly if a TA did the booking. If I wanted to know my room assignment I could call Carnival and find out in 5 minutes.

On our last cruise on the Splendor, we booked a gty balcony 13 months out in advance. After we made our final payment, I checked daily on the website (direct booked). Within 30 days, I tried to see what cabins were left on the website. I got really excited at a week out when all that was left was a couple of suites and spa balconies.

At 7 days out, all balconies disappeared from the available list and I then was in a panic. We were assigned an aft extended balcony on the veranda deck. This was the fourth time that we booked gty rooms and up to this time, all were assigned by at least 60 days out.

Loved our last cabin but we were surely stressed up until the last few days. Good luck and happy cruising.

If it says "To be assigned" then you are in a guarantee. Your TA won't be able to tell you what room you or in and neither will Carnival. It has nothing to do with booking through a TA or direct. They will assign your room closer to the date you sail- sometimes not until the day of. Don't panic- you will get whatever room you picked ( inside- ocean view- balcony etc) and sometimes people are pleasantly surprised. Happy cruising!

If it says "To be assigned" then you are in a guarantee. Your TA won't be able to tell you what room you or in and neither will Carnival. It has nothing to do with booking through a TA or direct.

I didn't mean to imply that booking through a TA vs direct caused an issue...only that if the TA doesn't return calls the OP is left hanging and the TA is collecting a commission without earning it. At least the OP was able to find the TBA designation on Carnival's site. Either way, the TA is irresponsible in this case. Too often the cruiser does the work and the TA gets paid for it.

On our last cruise on the Splendor, we booked a gty balcony 13 months out in advance. After we made our final payment, I checked daily on the website (direct booked). Within 30 days, I tried to see what cabins were left on the website. I got really excited at a week out when all that was left was a couple of suites and spa balconies.

At 7 days out, all balconies disappeared from the available list and I then was in a panic. We were assigned an aft extended balcony on the veranda deck. This was the fourth time that we booked gty rooms and up to this time, all were assigned by at least 60 days out.

How do you check what rooms are still available without creating a new booking?

How do you check to see what rooms are available without creating a new booking?

How do you check to see what rooms are available without creating a new booking?

You could pretend to book each category and if it shows less than 10, thats all that are left in the category.

So, it does not show the cabin # when you sign into your booking? I have always had them before I cruised, even the one booked only 8 days out, I had the cabin 4 days out.

"You could pretend to book each category and if it shows less than 10, thats all that are left in the category.

So, it does not show the cabin # when you sign into your booking? I have always had them before I cruised, even the one booked only 8 days out, I had the cabin 4 days out."

Fly, she booked with a travel agent.

We are leaving on the Liberty on 2/18. We originally booked an OV for 3 but 3 weeks ago we revised it to 4 people so we had to move rooms. My TA told me she would have the room assignment soon but still nothing. Should I be concerned about no room assignment? I called my TA last week and left her a vm but have not heard back, maybe she is off for the holidays?

Did you have an assigned cabin for your ocean view?

Booking a guarantee is way cheaper then booking an assigned cabin.

Booking a guarantee-- you sometimes will not get an assignment until almost sailing.

Last cruise in Feburary people were being assigned at 30 days before.

I see no oceanview cabins available on the main deck but there are still at least 10-- mostly all forward on the riveria deck

Did you have an assigned cabin for your ocean view?

Booking a guarantee is way cheaper then booking an assigned cabin.

Booking a guarantee-- you sometimes will not get an assignment until almost sailing.

Last cruise in Feburary people were being assigned at 30 days before.

Except ES where you pick a cabin is less than booking a fare with guarantees with carnival. almost all of the time.

Originally I did book an OV for 3 and I picked the room but when we added the 4th my TA said there was not much to choose from and would have a cabin # for me soon........3 weeks later still no cabin #. On Carnival's website it says "to be assigned". Calling my TA is on my list for tomorrow!

Originally I did book an OV for 3 and I picked the room but when we added the 4th my TA said there was not much to choose from and would have a cabin # for me soon........3 weeks later still no cabin #. On Carnival's website it says "to be assigned". Calling my TA is on my list for tomorrow!

If I paid for an assigned cabin and my TA put me in a gty, I would be one unhappy puppy.

I booked a balcony gty for my April 15 cruise. There are only 9 cabins showing available for the cat I booked (8B). Does that mean that my cabin will be 1 of those 9? They are all 3 person cabins (2 twins/king and convertable sofa) and we are just 2. And what's the soonest we could have our cabin assignment? Also, I can't print out a boarding pass even though I made final payment...is that because my cabin hasn't been assigned yet?

I booked a balcony gty for my April 15 cruise. There are only 9 cabins showing available for the cat I booked (8B). Does that mean that my cabin will be 1 of those 9? They are all 3 person cabins (2 twins/king and convertable sofa) and we are just 2. And what's the soonest we could have our cabin assignment? Also, I can't print out a boarding pass even though I made final payment...is that because my cabin hasn't been assigned yet?

No, you are parked somewhere. (carnival books more then 9 guarantee cabins. )

you are parked and they will move you if someone wants that cabin.

Seems people are being placed at about 30 days. Some will get their assignment closer to sailing day-- Maybe the day before.

PS- I didnt know you could book a cat 8B guarantee any longer-- I thought it was balcony guarantee period)

No, you are parked somewhere. (carnival books more then 9 guarantee cabins. )

you are parked and they will move you if someone wants that cabin.

Seems people are being placed at about 30 days. Some will get their assignment closer to sailing day-- Maybe the day before.

PS- I didnt know you could book a cat 8B guarantee any longer-- I thought it was balcony guarantee period)

I think she was saying there are only 9 balcony cabins left and they are all 8B's.

Not sure though. lol

Bill

I think she was saying there are only 9 balcony cabins left and they are all 8B's.

Not sure though. lol

Bill

Nope...I booked a balcony gty that's 8B (or better)...don't know much about GTYs (this is my 1st)...booked with TA guy from an online company. It's showing as some special group booking...TA said it's a group deal that they had made with CCL. It was a great deal. I hope it all works out as I expect.

If we don't get assigned before the cruise (I've heard of folks getting their cabin assignment the day they board)...how do I print out the boarding pass? Thanks!

Nope...I booked a balcony gty that's 8B (or better)...don't know much about GTYs (this is my 1st)...booked with TA guy from an online company. It's showing as some special group booking...TA said it's a group deal that they had made with CCL. It was a great deal. I hope it all works out as I expect.

If we don't get assigned before the cruise (I've heard of folks getting their cabin assignment the day they board)...how do I print out the boarding pass? Thanks!

OK thanks for the clarification. As Serene said, I didnt think you could book like that anymore.

How did you do it?

Bill

the boarding pass will state TBA (to be announced) and when you get to the port you ask a porter what your cabin assignment is-- he has a manifest

We did not have our assignment on one of our cruises until we arrived at port. We just printed our fun passes without the cabin assignment, then when we got there, the porters gave us luggage tags with our correct deck and cabin number. But the fun pass wasn't an issue at all to not have the assignment on it. You should still be able to print it. Hopefully you will know before you go though. I always hate the waiting! The good thing for us is both times we've booked guaranty, we've been upgraded. I know you can't count on that, but we once booked inside guaranty and got an Oceanview, so I was really happy about that!

Archived