Smith Cove Bacadere

mitsugirly

Oh, so there is really no way to tell how much it's going to cost my family to get to Smiths Cove. :(

BTW, what is YMMV that you put on your post?

Not really. It should probably be no more than $5 pp each way, but you might be able to negotiate a deal if it's a larger group.

YMMV - your mileage may vary

Not really. It should probably be no more than $5 pp each way, but you might be able to negotiate a deal if it's a larger group.

YMMV - your mileage may vary

Thanks. That is what my confusion was. I didn't know if it was per person or total (like in Cozumel it's just a flat rate).

YMMV-that's the only thing I could figure out but made no sense to me in this thread. My mileage isn't going to vary. It's from the port to this spot and then back. Wasn't sure how my mileage was going to vary and couldn't figure out how that pertained to what I was asking. :confused:

YMMV-that's the only thing I could figure out but made no sense to me in this thread. My mileage isn't going to vary. It's from the port to this spot and then back. Wasn't sure how my mileage was going to vary and couldn't figure out how that pertained to what I was asking. :confused:

I think Drew was referring more to the fact that your taxi rates and/or experience may vary (not that the distance would vary) since different taxis are licensed for different things and at different rates... :D The taxis are a "model of consistency" compared to the buses, however...

• 1 year later...
Thanks a lot for the info.

So hopefully it will be a little warmer by March when we'll be there. But that will work. :D

Mitsugirly, Did you end up going to Smiths Cove last year? I read a lot of your reviews and value your opinion!

Mitsugirly, Did you end up going to Smiths Cove last year? I read a lot of your reviews and value your opinion!

No sorry I didn't. We ended up doing the Stingray sandbar instead. We will be back in Grand Cayman in a little less than a week, but we are doing the Stingray sandbar over (we had some "complications" that day and they are going to make it better this time around so we couldn't pass it up).

I can guarantee the NEXT time we go back after this cruise...I will be going to Smiths Cove. So if you go, please let me know and give me your opinion (and pictures) :D

I will! I think that is what I have decided to do in GC, Done the stingrays many times, Rum Point, the Turtle Farm, all fantastic. This time, just want an easy beach day! I really enjoy your reviews. You also convinced me to do Maya Key on Roatan this time. We are leaving on 1/4/14, so I will report back! Thanks for your help!

I will! I think that is what I have decided to do in GC, Done the stingrays many times, Rum Point, the Turtle Farm, all fantastic. This time, just want an easy beach day! I really enjoy your reviews. You also convinced me to do Maya Key on Roatan this time. We are leaving on 1/4/14, so I will report back! Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for the compliment. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Make sure to come back here to review or post a link to your review.

Once you try Maya Key, next time check out Little French Key. It's the most beautiful place ever! It's another amazing place. I love Roatan. :)

Wow, that's good to hear that you liked it that much. There's just something about the way it look that appeals to me. I don't know what the draw is. :) Maybe the big rocks sticking up like that or something. It's just neat and not your typical flat type beach.

It sure is fun to go back and see these old posts. In May 2012 we returned to Smith Cove (which had remained one of my favourite spots) and the snorkeling boyfriend I mentioned proposed there. We went back in November 2012 to elope ... at Smith Cove of course. Obviously it's kept a special place in our hearts, and we were just there again in October of this year. Still absolutely love that spot.

The big rocks made for some great photos ... even if the ironshore DID rip my wedding dress. :(