Captain's Club Hostess on Horizon?

sirgonealot

Does anyone know who the current Captain's Club Hostess is on Horizon? I heard it was Christine Costerman, and I hope that is true. She was wonderful on several Mercury cruises we took. We will be on Horizon April 23 and hope she is there.

I don't know if it has changed, but from Feb.21 to Mar. 14 it was Mahalia. Adaquate, but not impressive.

I am afraid I have to agree - we have had her twice and same both times - adaquate .

While the conversion from having a Social Hostess to the present setup has been discussed at length on these boards in the past, our cruise on the Horizon last week was the first time for us under the new arrangement. We had Mahalia as our Capt Club Hostess and there was also some Concierge person on board. While I think I can see the logic in the new organization, I liked the old arrangement better. Maybe it was the old organization that I liked better, maybe it was the personnel in the old organization, probably it was both.

Christine is no longer with Celebrity. Neither is Anneli Harper.

I have to say of all the hostesses on any ship we've sailed, Anneli left the most to be desired. On our last Constellation cruise, she called our cabin (a RS) to greet us and informed us that if we were in need of her services, we could find her in one of the bars after dinner. So much for the personal touch....

Does anyone know if Leigh is still on an X ship? She was fantastic!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Ifound out who the current Captain's Club hostess is and if I ever see Mahalia's name on another cruise, I will not even bother to think about any functions she has planned! All were changed by day and time, including one with the Captain. I heard he was not notified and toasted himself! How about having the Captains Club meet at 11:00am, but she did not read what went out and we waited until she showed up at 11:30am? We also ended up with functions at 11:30 am, 4:00 pm, and 7:45 pm on our last day!! DUH!!! I have always enjoyed what Celebrity has provided to us in this respect and hope that there were some things going on that I was not aware of to make what is usually so pleasurable so awful.

Archived