Onboard Internet-Access Rates

AnneS

The Internet-access rates I've been quoted for a QE world-cruise segment are outrageously high -- much higher than what I've paid on other cruise lines. Is there any chance they'll offer some kind of discount once I'm on the ship?

On QM2 in August I received bonus minutes for purchasing a package on embarkation day, and a discounted package of a small number of minutes was offered on the last day if needed for flight check-in or other homeward issues--both offers de rigueur then among Carnival brands. Now three months later on QV neither special was available. Also the homepage with quick links to common sites (yahoo, AIM, facebook) had been removed, and the logout screen did not display the minutes used in the session just concluded. The internet centre manager assured me these were only temporary issues due to be resolved any day, yet one of his associates told me that the logout screens (at least those on the terminals in QVs internet centre) had not been working properly for many months.

Archived